☆Chapter Fifty Four☆

Album preparations went smoothly, and the 15th of April came by quickly. Haerin's phone was on the desk in front of her as she sat in a styling chair. A notification popped up as she sat still in her seat. She turned on her phone. Ni-ki texted her, so she took the phone into her hand and texted back.

"Who's that?" Her hair stylist asked as she peered over Haerin's shoulder

"No one." Haerin said quickly, turning off her phone and placing it face down on her lap.

"You sure?" Her stylist raised a brow. "Cause the way you're smiling says something different."

Haerin didn't realise she had a smile on her face, so she quickly wiped it off. "Seriously unnie its nothing." Haerin responded.

"If it's nothing, you can show me." She smiled at the younger girl with intrigued eyes.

"Unfortunately, I can not." Haerin told her.

"Is it a boy?" The stylist asked.

"No."

"Stop denying it." She laughed. "You're a bad liar. It's written all over your face." The stylist wriggled her eyebrows. "So who's the guy."

"It's a secret." She laughed.

"Awh, come on. I won't tell." The stylist pleaded. But no matter what she said, Haerin refused to say a word.

...

"Thank you!" Haerin said with a smile.

"No problem." Her stylist smiled.

Haerin got off the chair. After a while of sitting im a random corner, she started to get bored. She paced up and down the room, but that's when she remembered something.

"Yuwon unnie!" Haerin ran up to her manager, who was sitting down on her phone.

"Yes, Haerin?" The older girl responded, meeting her eyes with Haerin rocking back ond forth between the soles and her tippy toes.

"Can I go to one of my friends' waiting rooms, please?" She asked nervously. Yuwon thought for a second, and Haerin waited patiently for an answer.

"Go on." Yuwon sighed as she agreed. "But make sure you're back in half an hour." She added. "You still have to perform, remember."

"Okay, I'll be back. Thank you!" Haerin cheered as she dashed out of her waiting room.

Haerin slowly started to walk around the music bank hallways. She scanned each name on the room doors. Haerin mumbled each name that she saw. "Karina." Haerin finally spotted the door.

Haerin stood at the door and lifted her hand to knock. Just as she was about to knock, the door swung open. Karina looked down at Haerin, who was standing with her arms by her side.

"Hi Rina." Haerin smiled. Karina immediately put her arms around Haerin and squeezed her tightly.

"Gosh, I've missed you so much." Karina mumbled into her shoulder.

"I've missed you too." Haerin wrapped her arms around Karina. The two broke apart but still held each other by the arms.

"Me and you have got a lot of catching up to do." Karina smiled toothily. Karina welcomed Haerin into her waiting room, and they sat on a sofa in the corner.

"So, how's life at SM?" Haerin asked Karina.

"Not bad. I enjoy it." Karina answered.

"Is it better that HYBE?" She questioned.

"Hmm, I think I prefer HYBE. All my friends are there." Haerin told her.

"Oh!" Haerin remembered something. "How come you never told me that you were going to debut!?" Haerin asked. "I had to find out myself."

Karina laughed awkwardly. "Well..." She couldn't think of an answer. "Well, I was busy." She said. "Either way, you never told me till yesterday that you were going to debut solo."

"At least I told you." Haerin folded her arms.

"Yeah, yeah." Karina huffed. Karina's eyes widened, and she smirked. "Is there something you would like to tell me?"

"Nope." Haerin shook her head.

"You sure." Karina raised her right brow. "Cause a little birdie told me -" Haerin put both her hands over Karina's mouth.

"Who told you?" Haerin asked as she tilted her head and narrowed her eyes at Karina.

Karina pointed at Haerin's hands, and Haerin slowly removed her hand off of Karina's mouth.

"Sunghoon. He called from Jay's phone." Karina informed her. "He even showed me a picture."

"That snitch." Haerin complained, slapping her hands over her face.

Karina cackled with amusement. "So how come you never told me that, huh?" She snickered a bit more.

"Because nobody was supposed to know." Haerin mumbled. "Sunghoon was on our case. That's how he found out, then he snitched to the rest."

"But at least he didn't snitch to your sister." Karina said. "Your older sister will literally interrogate you two."

"Yeah, I'm thankful for that." Haerin sighed. "Well, look at the time it's time for me to go back." Haerin said as she checked the time on her phone.

"Awh already." Karina pouted. "I'll walk
back to your room." She said. "Let's go?" Karina asked, holding her hand out.

"Let's go." Haerin nodded as she took Karina's hand. The two left the room together and slowly walked down the white hallways.

"Bye, Haerin." Karina said as she smiled lightly, hugging her one last time.

"Bye, Rina."  Haerin said, hugging the girl back, snuggling her head into the crook of her neck.

The two broke apart, and the two waved at each other for a while as Karina walked backwards. Once Karina turned around the corner, Haerin entered her waiting room.

"Only one minute late." Yuwon said as Haerin entered the room. "Let's get your mic on."