☆Chapter Thirty Eight☆

It was the early hours of Friday morning. Clueless Haerin sat as she flicked her pen in her hand and stared blankly at the empty page in front of her. Two days prior to this, Haerin was tasked with writing another song. Just because the first time was easy doesn't mean the second time is.

Normally, Haerin's head would be a fountain overspilling with thoughts. But right now, it was a dry wasteland. But the one thought that cleared up the dry wasteland was: 'Maybe I need some air.'

So the teen got off from the second bunk, bringing her mini lamp, notebook, pen, and a blanket with her. She packed all those things into her black satchel as well as her keys and phone on top.

She opened her part of the wardrobe and took out her black puffer, and put it on top of her pyjamas. She put on a pair of shoes and hung the bag on her shoulder, then slowly opened the door and crept out onto the corridor, and made her way to the front door.

She barely put her hand on the door handle when she felt someone hug her from behind, wrapping their arms around her waist and nuzzling their face into her shoulder. Haerin didn't need a light to recognise who it was, but she flicked on the light anyway. "So where are you going this time of night?" Ni-ki mumbled, and she could feel his breath behind her ear.

"To get some fresh air." She said.

"I'm coming with you." He told her as he slid on the first jacket he saw and put on a pair of sliders. The two exited the building and walked down the dimly lit streets side by side. "So why did you want to get fresh air?" Ni-ki asked.

"Because I need inspiration." She explained told him. "As someone distracted me yesterday and now I'm stuck with another five hours to complete it." Haerin side eyed him.

"Awh, but you know that you love me and you know how to play FIFA now." Ni-ki latched onto her arm and looked up and smiled at her sweetly.

"Yeah, yeah." Haerin folded her arms.

"Let me carry that for you, my lady." Ni-ki took the black bag she carried on her shoulder and placed it on his.

"Are you trying to be cat noir." Haerin joked.

"And then you'll be my ladybug." Ni-ki added linking arms with her.

"Hmm I rather be bunnix." Haerin said.

"She's not as cool as ladybug and cat noir." He argued back.

"Whatever you say." Haerin shrugged, letting go of his arm and walking ahead of him.

They walked for another five minutes till they ended up on a street with a couple of houses on it. "Haerin, seriously, where are we?" Ni-ki asked.

"We're going to my secret hideout." She told him as she finally spotted the alleyway between two of the houses.

Ni-ki didn't question anymore and followed behind her as they walked further down the alley way the sound of water trickling was heard. Haerin reached the end of the pathway first, and the biggest smile was displayed on her face. Ni-ki quickened up his pace and joined her.