☆Chapter Thirty Four☆

"Look what we've found!" Jake and Heesung showed off all the wood they collected to the other group.

"I guess that's enough to make a fire." Jay decided. "Come on, let's go back." The group of six made their way back to the beach and started to build the fire.

"Uhm- two of you guys are missing." Karina noticed as she and the other manager walked up to the group.

"What do you mean Noona?" Jungwon asked, but as he turned around to do a head count, he realised. "Where's Haerin and Ni-ki?!"

"They were just behind us." Jake answered as he dropped the stack of wood down and onto the sand.

"Well, clearly they're not now." Jay scoffed, folding his arms.

"Who were they with last?" Their manager asked, and the boys with no hesitation immediately pointed their fingers at Heesung and Jake.

"Hey! Look, my excuse is Haerin is five two and below eye level. Heesung said. "For all of us." He added.

"And Ni-ki?"

"He's uhm-"

"We have to go look for them." Karina decided as she folded her arms, shaking her head in disappointment.

Meanwhile, Haerin and Ni-ki walked through the forest in silence. She kept her eyes on the ground, and Ni-ki looked down with his his hands in his pocket. "Well, what did you want to talk about?" Ni-ki questioned as they finally came to a stop.

"Well, uhm-" Haerin leaned on a tree. "So basically- how do I put this."

"Haerin, you're making me nervous." Ni-ki laughed as he stood in front of her. He immediately thought the worst due to how long Haerin was taking to talk. "It's okay if you -"

"I like you." Haerin blurted out. She felt a weight lift off her shoulder. She always knew that she liked him but never knew what what it was till the day they kissed and all her feelings became clearer to her. Even if she knew Ni-ki liked her back, Haerin still felt somewhat nervous as he may have lost feelings during the time it took to tell him. Ni-ki stared at her in shock. "Yeah, so now that you know that we should go back." Haerin smiled with only her bottom teeth on the show. She became nervous and started to play with the white fabric of her knee-length shorts.

Ni-ki's face fixtated into a smile. "Why do you want to leave so quickly?" He chuckled.

"I don't," Haerin said, looking off to the side, avoiding eye contact.

"So Kim Haerin, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Ni-ki finally asked her the question after the long, painstaking months of trying to figure out what was going on in her head. Originally, he was going to get on one knee, but the way her face was already flushed red. He thought it might give her a heart attack.

"Yes, I do." Haerin told him as she put her hands behind her back, clasping her hands together.

"Because you said I do, you know what happens next?" He questioned as he gave her a toothy smile.

"This isn't a wedding, Ni-ki."

"You may now kiss the bride." Ni-ki sang, ignoring what Haerin said.