☆Chapter Seventeen☆

"Yo, Rinnie, are you still awake?" Ni-ki questioned Haerin, nudging her shoulder slightly as her back faced the wall disabling Ni-ki from seeing her face giving Haerin the appearance to be asleep.

"Yeah, I can't sleep." Haerin said as she sat up, her hair flying in different directions.

"Want to go do something?" Ni-ki asked as he held his hand out, waiting for Haerin to take it.

"Yeah, let's go." Haerin agreed as she took Ni-kis' hand, and he pulled her up.

"I looked around the kitchen cupboards earlier and I found cake mi-" Ni-ki started to tell Haerin as they walked down the corridor still holding hands, but as they entered the living room there was someone laying on the sofa.

"Uhm, Sunoo." Haerin let go of Ni-ki's hand and poked Sunoo's shoulder as they stood in the doorway.

"Oh hi." Sunoo turned his head round and smiled at her.

"Hi?" She waved back confused, but she soon turned around and followed Ni-ki into the kitchen. "So we're making cake then." Haerin said as she took out a mix from the cupboard.

"Yeah." Ni-ki nodded his head as he opened the fridge, removing three eggs from the container, then placing them onto the table, then opening the cake mix

"Okay, so first we need to pour the mixture into the bowl and add the eggs and water." Haerin read from the emptied box.

"Mhm." Ni-ki mumbled slowly as he glanced over to Haerin to see if she had noticed what he had done.

"Then you have to mix it together, then we pour the batter into -" Haerin peered up from the box for a moment. "Are you serious." She scoffed as she looked at Ni-ki's smile, and half of the cake mix powder spread across the table and barely in the bowl. "Now, what made you think that you can use that bowl?" She asked, raising a brow as she grabbed paper towels

"I don't know." Ni-ki shrugged as he smiled sheepishly.

"Get another bowl and cake mix." She told him, throwing the dirtied paper towel in the bin. "Oh, and make sure it's a big bowl." She added.

"Okay." Ni-ki said.

"Now let's start again." Haerin sighed.

"So now we just wait." Haerin leaned against sink, having finished making the batter and placing it in the oven.

"What do we do now?" Ni-ki asked, placing himself onto one of the kitchen island stools.

"I'm going to see if Sunoo's still there." Haerin told him as she made her way to the door. "And he's gone." She turned back to face him. "So, do you want to make the icing." Haerin asked.

"Good idea." Ni-ki agreed with her picking up the bag of powder. "So Rinnie, you know how your birthday is coming up. Do you want anything specific."

"No, not really." She told him as she took the butter out of the fridge.

"Okay, well, I was thinking we could go out on that day." Ni-ki told her. "I mean only if you want to." He laughed nervously, waiting for her response.