Happy Surprise »» Conner Rhodes

Y/s/n=your sons name

A smile is formed on my face while leaning against the doorframe of my sons nursery. I'm only one week away from my due date and Conner and I are very excited. We've been married for a few years now and we decided we wanted a family. Now the time has almost come for our baby boy to be born. We're nervous but I'm pretty sure the excitement over powers the anxiety.

He should be getting home any minute from work. We're practically ready for the baby to come. When we found out the gender, we spent a few months disagreeing on names until we finally agreed on y/s/n. It's perfect in every way and we already love him so much. I place my hand on my rounded belly and let out a breath. Suddenly I hear the front door and smile.

I head into the living room and see Conner hanging up his coat and he grins at me. Once he set his things down he placed his hands on my belly and kissed me gently. "How was work? I miss it so much." I ask. I've already taken off work for maternity leave. My doctor said they might have to induce labor if the baby doesn't come.

"It was fine and I promise you'll be back before you know it. But for now I'd love for you to rest until he comes." He says. I playfully roll my eyes. He's been very overprotective ever since finding out about the pregnancy. I'm happy about it though because it just shows he cares.

He leaves the house after making sure I'm resting in bed, to go and grab some food. I mess around on my phone but eventually get bored and turn on the tv. As I'm flipping through the channels, looking for something to watch, I feel a pain in my stomach. I've gotten false labors pains before but something about this feels different. The pain happens again but much worse.

My heart starts beating quickly when seeing that my water had broke. This is actually happening, the baby is coming. The first thing I do is call Conner to see how far away he is. A couple of rings later and he answers. "Hey, baby I got your favorite." He chirps from the other end of the phone. I groan from the pain in my stomach.

"My water broke. Conner I'm in labor." I say. It fell silent for a moment until he spoke up.

"Okay just take some deep breaths. I'm right around the corner and we'll go to the hospital." He tells me. He makes me stay on the phone with him until getting home. The deep breathing eventually stopped helping and I felt relieved as he rushed through the door. He helped me to the car while also grabbing everything we need like, the overnight bag, diaper bag, and car seat.

When we get to the hospital, a nurse gets us all checked in and they check to see how dilated I am. They say it's way too soon for me to get an epidural and labor can last a while. So all that's left to do is wait...

*time skip to after having baby*

After like thirty six hours of labor, my baby boy is finally here. Holding him in my arms feels unreal. He is perfect and looks just like his dad. Connor and I are looking at him in complete awe. I never knew you could love a person this much but after meeting y/s/n, I now know it's possible.

"Wanna hold him?" I ask and he shakes his head yes. I hand the baby over to Conner and he takes him gently. I smile seeing him rock him back and forth in his arms. He looks at our son with nothing but pure joy and love. We have created a beautiful new life.

"I love him so much y/n." He says to me, his eyes never leaving, y/s/n.

"I know, me too." I agree. Some time has passed when friends and family come visit and see the new member of our family. Everyone loved him and said how adorable he is. They also agree that he looks a lot like Conner. My parents think he has my eyes though. I'm just so grateful for having a beautiful and healthy boy.

"I love you, y/n." Connor smiles before kissing my head.

"I love you too." I reply.