I love you »» Will Halstead 🚑

Word count; 972

My head is buried in my hands as I wallow in sorrow

My head is buried in my hands as I wallow in sorrow. I'm sitting at Molly's because I didn't know where else to go. About an hour and a half ago Will and I got into a fight and no it wasn't really major but it still sucked. We were fighting because I've been working too much at the hospital and we haven't had time for each other.

He works in the ED during the day while I work upstairs as an OBGYN. My hours are usually at night and it's taking a strain on our relationship. We've been together for two years and it just never seemed like a problem before. We love each other and part of me was hoping that'd be enough. But what if it's not anymore?

There's a tap on my shoulder and I look up to see my best friend April Sexton. She's really sweet and is always there for me. After our fight I called her and vented but didn't expect her to come here so late at night. It makes me feel bad because I know she was probably sleeping and I woken her up.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Yes thank you. You're such an amazing friend and I don't deserve you." I smile at her. She waved it off and pulled me into a hug. It's one that I really needed. After pulling away she let me vent some more before speaking.

"I'm going to get so much shit for this but listen up," she began and I frown. "Everyone in the hospital went behind you and Will's back to make a bet. No one believed you two would last because of how incompatible you were. But it's two years later and the bet is over because we realized you and Will were made for each other."

"Why the-" I start but she cuts me off saying she's not finished.

"I'm not proud to say I bet you guys wouldn't last longer than a year. Wasn't very friendly of me to do and I'm sorry. But watching the way Will's eyes light up when you walk into the room, or how you smile every time he says your name made it clear your in love with each other. I love you both and want you to know I believe in you guys. Don't let this one small thing get in the way of what you two share." She says making my heart melt.

What she said made me think and I thanked her for everything before leaving. I'm going home to apologize and tell Will how much I love him and don't want to lose him. I rush into the door and throw my keys down on the table. The house is dark and quiet as I make my way towards the bedroom. That's where I found him sitting on the edge of the bed staring down at his phone.

He looked up, seeing as the door creaked open. Relief filled his eyes when he saw me as he stood to his feet. "I couldn't go to bed not knowing where you were or if you were okay. I was just about to call you." He told me.

"Yeah can we talk?" I ask. He nods as I walk over to him, looking into his worried eyes. "Will I love you and I don't mean that lightly. I mean I love you more than I've ever loved anyone in my life. Your my best friend and the person I get to call mine every single day. I'm so sorry for everything I said to you earlier because I didn't mean any of it. You make me happy and if I got to spend my life with anyone it's you."

He gave me the worlds warmest smile as his hand cupped my cheek. "I love you too y/n. I've been thinking a lot about our fight and I'm sorry too. You mean the world to me and I'm so scared to lose you, to lose this...us. For the past two years you have been my whole world and our fight has made me realize just how much you mean to me. I'm so happy that your the girl I get to be with every day." He admits to me.

It felt like all our problems melted away as I wrap my arms around him and pull him into a heated kiss. He had cupped both my cheeks in his hands as he kissed me back lovingly. The kiss went on until we had to pull away for air. His forehead rested against mine as we stare breathlessly into each other's eyes. There's a wide grin on his face and a happy smile on mine.

"Your so beautiful," he whispered, complimenting me. I smile wider.

"And your perfect." I reply. We ended the night by cuddling and watching movies until we fell asleep. That next morning I was woken up to him kissing my cheek and whispering sweet things into my ear like "your perfect" and "your the best thing that's ever happened to me." It brought a smile to my face as I open my eyes and look at the man next to me.

"Good morning." I say while running my fingers through his soft hair.

"Good morning, beautiful." He smiles. He caressed my cheek before leaving a kiss on my forehead. "I'm calling off work today and we're going out for breakfast." He told me.

"You don't have to do that." I say but he shakes his head.

"I know but I want too. Spending time with you is important to me. I love you, y/n." He said.

"I love you too Will." I say back. Today is going to be perfect and as predicted, it was.