Yours»» Jay Halstead 🚓

Word count; 1177

My heart wanted to burst from my chest and tears threatened to fall from my eyes. It's been four months of me having to watch Jay, my crush, kiss his girlfriend. It's my fault for not asking him out when I had the chance and now he's taken. There really isn't anything I can do about it other than watch him with her. Every moment I see them together my heart breaks.

They stood over by the coffee maker, smiling and giving each other sweet kisses. My head turned to look down at the table. I'm pretending to look busy while watching my crush slip away and into another girls arms. What the hell is wrong with me? He's taken which means I need to toughen up and move on.

"Hey, y/n." I hear Jay call my name. My heart started pounding as he walked over to me and gave me a small smile. "Some friends and
I are going out tonight and Hailey and I want you to come."

Before I could even say anything, she came over to us and wrapped her arms around him. He held onto her tightly as she started to speak. "Yes please come with us. I need my best friend there." She smiled at me. I do badly want to protest and say no but looking into his eyes changed my mind.

"Sure I'll be there."

They cheered and assured me we would have a great time. Let's hope so. After work I went home to get ready for tonight. Upon arriving my nerves started getting high again. Taking a breath, I made my way into the bar where my friends were all having a good time. Feeling a little out of place I sat down next to Kim.

She's having a drink while mingling with some other people. A sigh left my mouth, feeling lonely as everyone talks and has a great time. Maybe coming out tonight wasn't such a good idea because I'm miserable. As soon as my eyes landed on Jay at the bar laughing and holding onto Hailey, my heart ached.

She's a great girl and it's obvious why he chose to be with her. She's kind, smart, funny, and a great friend. I could never and would never do anything to ruin their relationship. "You look depressed and in need of a drink," Kim smirked at me. I chuckled and let her order me a beer.

We drank and talked but soon I was ready to head home. She didn't want me to go but wished me a Goodnight. After saying bye to everyone I left and went to find my car in this busy parking lot. As I'm unlocking the car door, there's a voice calling my name. Feeling confused I turned around and saw Jay heading towards me.

"Why are you leaving so early?" He asked, clearly confused. Debating on wether or not to tell the truth I sighed and went with the honest route.

"Because I'm sad and being here, with you and with her makes it hard." I finally let out after months of pain. He gave me an odd look that said he is still confused by this. "Listen Jay, I've had a crush on you for months and you never noticed. But that's because your dating Hailey and yes I'm happy for you but I'm also heartbroken." I started.

"Y/n I-" he started but I cut him off.

"There's nothing left to explain. You can't help who you love and in my case...it's you. I guess I just wasn't meant to be yours. Goodnight Jay." I held back my tears while getting into the car and driving away. When out of eyesight I let the tears fall and my heart shatter.

Jay Pov

My heart trembled watching her get into the car and drive off. "I'm in love with you too, y/n." I whispered sadly.

"What?" I hear and turn to find my girlfriend Hailey. She looks angry yet confused while looking at me. Shit.

"We should talk..." I started but she didn't really care.

"No! Your obviously in love with someone else so let me make this easy for you. We're over." She glared then walked away. I let out a sigh as my fingers ran through my hair stressfully. It didn't take but a second for me to realize which girl to run after. Without a heartbeat I grabbed my car keys and drove to find y/n.

She wasn't at her house or the station, which left me with one last place to look. Before meeting Hailey, y/n and I used to spend a lot of time together. We have this spot on top of a hill that overlooks most of the city. The lights at night are absolutely beautiful and that's what makes it our favorite spot to be at.

When getting there I found her car and let out a breath of relief. I jumped out and walked over to where she stood. She's staring out at the city below us and honestly it looks amazing. But never as amazing as her. Sure I was dating Hailey but for the past two years my eyes were always set on y/n.

It's complicated why I never asked her out and for one, she had a boyfriend last year. He cheated on her and I beat the shit out of him for it. That was one reason I never did and I also didn't feel like she was ready for another relationship so soon. Who knew she wanted to be with me as much as I wanted to be with her?

"Please don't tell me you came here just to reject me again." She said.

"Actually I came to tell you that I'm in love with you too."

Her eyes widened and she turned to look at me. Her eyes searched mine, as if she's searching for a sign that I'm lying and believe me I'm not. "Seriously?" She asked and I nodded yes. My hands cupped both her cheeks and I gave her a warm smile.

"I've been in love with you for two years and had so many reasons why I never asked you out. But that's the past and this is now. I want you y/n, all of you. I want the happy you, the sad you, the broken you, and even the angry you. It's you, y/n. It's always been you." I let out and tears fell from her eyes.

I wiped them away as my forehead rested against hers. "I want you too Jay, more than you know." She replied. Without any warning I pulled her in for a passionate and long awaited kiss. She kissed me back as if her life depended on it. My heart skipped two beats as I held her in my arms.

"God your so beautiful," I mumbled happily.

"I love you so much Jay Halstead."

"I love you more y/n y/l/n."