In the rain »» Kelly Severide 🚒

Word count; 743
This is the song I had in mind while writing this. Sorry it's so short 🥺

The rain poured down hard outside, lightening making the sky light up

The rain poured down hard outside, lightening making the sky light up. The news said that this storm is so bad that they advise everyone to stay inside. So that's exactly what Kelly and I decided to do. He's showering right now but when he's done we're going to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie. It's something we used to do all the time but work got in the way. We both got busy.

My head is rested against the bay window, watching the rain fall and drip down the glass. A smile appears on my face when hearing the water turn off. The sound of the bathroom door opening caused my head to turn in that direction. He walked out with a towel around his waist and dripping wet hair.

"Must of been a good shower to spend forty five minutes in there." I tease him. He knows it's a joke because my showers are usually just as long.

"Sorry we're not all perfect." He smirks while going through the closet, looking for something to put on. My smile grows as I stand and walk over to him. He steps out of the closet and closes the door softly behind him. I cup his cheek and kiss him before slowly pulling away. "Get dressed quickly, I'll put the movie in." I say and he nods.

Just as the popcorn gets done and the movie is put in, he walks out dressed in the pajamas I bought him last week. Kelly Severide is a sight for sore eyes. He sits down next to me, wrapping his arm protectively around my body. My head rests on his shoulder and we began our movie.

As the night goes on and we get through two movies, I start getting bored. Not necessarily sleepy but just bored. The weather isn't good to go out in but I want to do something...anything. Kelly notices me suddenly change moods and pauses the tv. "Everything okay?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders and look out the window at the pouring rain.

He smirks, as if he's got an idea as he stands up and walks over to the window. I watch with a frown on my face while he opens it up, letting in the beautiful sound of rain hitting the ground below. Rainy nights have always been peaceful for me and helps me sleep. Next he walks over to me and holds out his hand.

"Dance with me?" He smiles.

"With no music?" My eyebrow raises.

"The sound of the rain is enough." He says and pulls me up off the couch. His arms wrap around me as mine go around his neck. We began slow dancing in the moonlight with the sound of the rain in the background. It's a moment I'll hold onto forever. My eyes stared right into his, taking in his features and appreciating all the flaws.

"Have I ever told you how good looking you are?" I ask him.

"Just all the time," he laughs. "Have I ever told you how breathtaking you are?"

"Every single day." I breathe happily. Kelly makes me happy and I don't want to spend this moment with anyone else but him. He spun me before pulling my body close into his chest. Our faces were inches apart as he rests his forehead on mine. He closed his eyes and let himself get lost in my arms. "Kelly...I love you so much."

He opened his eyes to look at me and grinned. "I love you more." He replied. Hearing him say that always makes me smile. The rain got louder and more persistent outside but we were so caught up in the moment that it didn't seem to matter. "We need more nights like this, where's its just us and nothing else." He said.

"Agreed. It's perfect...this is perfect."

When the night came to an end we decided to crawl into bed and cuddle close to each other. His arms are around my waist tightly as my head is resting against his chest. All the guys in the world and I'm the lucky one to get to have Kelly all to myself. He makes everyday better and my heart skip two beats.

"Goodnight beautiful," he whispers in my ear lovingly.

"Goodnight, baby." I reply happily.