First Date »» Ethan Choi

This is only my second week working here at MED. I'm new to the city after moving here a month ago from Florida. This is a big change that I wanted and to start fresh. I've made some good friends and even started forming a slight crush on one of my coworkers. He's very good looking and we've had lunch a couple of times, getting to know each other. So far he hasn't said much but he seems like a great guy.

My lunch break has just started as I'm sitting at a small round table with a salad and a sandwich in front of me. Someone enters the room, causing me to lift my head in that direction. A smile makes its way onto my face seeing that it's him. He gives me a smile back while sitting next to me.

"Y/n." He says.

"Ethan." I reply.

He sits across from me, setting his food down. Today would be like the fourth time we've had lunch together since working here. "How are you liking it here so far?" He asks.

"It's been great and the people here are really kind. It also seems bigger than the last hospital I worked in." I say before taking a bite of food. He assures me that it's good here and everyone gets along pretty well. The last hospital I worked in was horrible. There was too much drama and not enough doctors focusing on the patients. I've always said that patients should be the first priority.

We continue having lunch together until my break had come to an end. As I'm packing up my trash to throw away, he stops me. I look at him and see the small smile on his face. "So I was wondering if you'd wanna have dinner some time?" He asks. It made a grin form on my face that he made the first move. I was too nervous to because my history with men isn't great.

"I'm free tonight, it's a date." I say before throwing my trash away and head back to work. The rest of that day we kept giving each other these silly little smiles and making small talk when we could. As I'm packing up my things and grabbing my bag, he walks in the room. "Y/n." He says as I start to head out. "I'll pick you up at 8."

I nod and say goodbye before leaving. I go home and get ready for tonight. Just as I'm finishing my hair, there's a knock on my front door. It's been a while since going on a date so I took in a breath and went to answer the door. I open it up and see him standing there. "Beautiful." He says in almost a whispered tone.

"What?" I frown.

"Uh...you look beautiful." He compliments me and I thank him and assure him he looks good too. We leave and he takes me to a nice restaurant where we talk, drink, and have a good time. I'm happy for saying yes to this because I'm really starting to like him. The date also went perfectly and I got to know a lot more about him.

At the end of the date he took me home and walked me back to my front door. We stop in front of my door and I give him a small smile. "Thank you for tonight. I had a lot of fun." I say.

"I had fun too. We need to do this again some time." He replies. His eyes looked down at my lips for only a second before staring back into my eyes. The silence grew loud and he cleared his throat. "I should go." He says. I watch as he walks away and decided that this time it's my turn to make the first move. I grab his arm and turn him to face me. He seems confused.

I give him a nervous smile before pressing my lips to his in a gentle kiss. It definitely caught him off guard but soon enough he reciprocated the kiss. It made me smile when he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer. When the kiss grew a little too heated I pull away. "I think now I should go." He breathes and I nod with a smirk.

I go back inside my house and smile stupidly. I'm actually happy for making that first move because it went better than I thought. I had a stupid wide smile on my face all while getting ready for bed and falling into a deep sleep.