Lunch date »» Matt Casey 🚒

Word count; 657

My eyes were growing heavy from only getting two hours of sleep last night. I'm a detective and currently working on two cases. It's not easy and I'm far from solving either of them. Antonio Dawson is working with me but even he is lost. My mind feels frazzled and all I want right now is some sleep.

"Someone is here to see you." Antonio whispers in my ear. Frowning confused my head turns to see Matt coming over to me. He's smiling while holding two bags of food from our favorite Chinese restaurant. I've been working so long that I didn't realize it's my lunch break.

The two of us sat down in the break room before we started eating. "I know you hate when I say it but you've been working too hard, y/n." He let out.

"Matt I promise I'm okay and this case is so close to being solved." I lied. If he knew the truth about how I'm struggling and stressing myself out he'd only worry more. That's why it's best just to hurry up and solve this then move on. It makes me feel bad when he worry's about me so much even though I worry about him just as much when he's out there putting out fires and saving lives.

Matt rested his hand on top of mine and gave me a soft smile. "I love you." He admits.

"I love you too." I replied tiredly. It's honestly just been a stressful couple of months for me. Not just with the cases I'm working on but family issues and more. The only good thing I've got going right now is my relationship with Matt. He's amazing and treats me like a queen. He really makes me feel special.

"So hows work going for you?" I ask him, wanting to change the subject. He sighed and picked at his food with the chopsticks.

"It's good but...I don't know," he debated on what to say next.

"What?" I frown confused.

"Joe and I got into a fight about something so stupid."

"What was the fight about," I ask then take a bite of my food. He looked at me with a very serious face, making me all the more curious.

"He beat me in one game of basketball and thinks he's better." He admitted. I busted out laughing, which caused a smile to appear on his face. "It's not funny y/n! He thinks he's better than me."

"Babe I'm sorry but have you seen the way you throw the ball. It's exactly the same as my grandma." I laughed. He rolled his eyes and continued eating. "I'm sorry," I smile. "I love you."

"I love you too. And just you wait because I will beat him." He told me and I nodded sarcastically. After lunch he walked me back to my desk even though it wasn't far. Antonio smirked as Matt leaned in to give me a sweet goodbye kiss.

"Get a room you two!" He groaned making us laugh.

"I'll see you later tonight for dinner," Matt smiled warmly at me. I agreed before giving him one more kiss. He left as I sat back down at my desk. I felt eyes on me and looked up to find that Antonio is staring. "Is there a problem?" My eyebrow raises.

"No. You guys just make all us single people look pathetic." He teased and it put a smile on my face.

"Do you want me to find you a girlfriend? Is that what your trying to say?" I jokingly asked. He playfully rolled his eyes and smirked at me. It's fun working with someone as playful as him. He's a good friend and can take a joke.

"I just think you and Matt are good together." He told me.

"Thank you." I smiled. He isn't wrong though. Matt is amazing and I'm one lucky girl.