The big day »» Ethan Choi 🚑

Word count; 629
Y/d/n=your daughters name

It's been thirty-six hours and yet she still isn't here

It's been thirty-six hours and yet she still isn't here. For the past nine months, I've been pregnant with Ethan and I's baby girl. This delivery has been slow and I'm so excited to meet our baby. Ethan has been non-stop freaking out about life after she's born but he is happy to be a dad.

We talked about this for a long time until deciding on having kids. Now after months of trying, here I am, sitting on the hospital bed waiting for her to come. Even after these past thirty-six hours she still isn't here yet. The pain from contractions has been hell but in my opinion, she's worth it. We decided on naming her y/d/n.

To say we're excited would be an understatement. Ethan walking into the room, pulled me from my thoughts and I smiled. "The doctor said your 6cm dilated so it shouldn't be too long now." He informed while sitting next to me.

"Thank god. I'm ready to meet our little y/d/n." I grinned. I rested my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around me, holding me close into his body. We're gonna be parents soon. Time went by until it came time for me to have her. Ethan stayed by my side the whole time I delivered our daughter.

We heard her crying and it made my heart melt. They cleaned her up then brought her to me. I held her in my arms and completely fell in love. She is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen in my life. "She looks just like you." Ethan smiled.

"But something tells me she's going to be a huge daddy's girl." I teased. He chuckled as I handed her to him. Just by looking at him holding her it was so obvious he fell in love. We both got the family we have been dreaming about for years. She means more to me than anything else in this world.

Soon our friends came in to see y/d/n. Natalie told us how cute she was while Maggie and Will gushed over her. Everyone seemed to love her and we thanked them for coming to see us. Later that day I went to sleep just to rest a bit while Ethan watched over her. He's very excited to be a dad.

My eyes opened slowly to find Ethan standing off to the side holding our daughter. He's smiling down at her with love in his eyes. "Your perfect sweetheart, just like your mom." He told her. It made my heart melt seeing my beautiful family.

"I love you guys so much." I smiled. He looked my way and gave me a small grin.

"We love you too, y/n." He replied. After a few days in the hospital the doctor released me and we were able to take her home. Ethan was so worried before I went into labor and baby proofed the whole house. There is absolutely no way she is able to hurt herself because he made sure the home is safe.

We put her down in the crib and watched as she slept. I'm just so obsessed with her. Ethan is right, she is perfect. Makes me feel like the luckiest woman in the world have these two in my life. Over the course of the next few days we got used to being parents. Even when she kept us up most nights from not wanting to sleep.

Other than the part about losing sleep, I think being a mom is the best thing in the world. And Ethan never fails to tell me everyday what a great job I'm doing.