Platonic Soulmates » » Conner Rhodes 🚑

Word count; 775

Some say we were made for each other. Some think we might be secretly dating. And others tell us how cute we'd be together. We leave it to their imaginations to decide. Because in reality it's no one's business what we are. Obviously we talked about dating but that's just it...talk. We only discussed the possibility of ever being more than friends.

Sure Conner is great and all and I'm happy being his friend but that's it. We're just friends. I'm not positive a relationship between us would last. I don't know how I feel about him other than wanting to be his best friend. We have been close friends for the past four years and it's taken a strain on our love lives. Any girlfriend he would have, dumped him saying we're too close and same with any boyfriend I've had.

"Y/n," Maggie calls my name. I look up at her. "Mr. Scott is requesting to talk with you." She says and I nod. I'm dealing with a little boy who keeps vomiting yet isn't sick and tests aren't showing me anything. Now the dad is wanting to talk to me. I head to their room and give a warm smile.

"I'm sorry to bother you doctor but I need to know what's wrong with my son." He sighs.

"Don't apologize. I'm doing everything I can to find out what's wrong with him. We're still waiting for his test results to come through so try and sit tight until I get some answers." I assure him.

"Thank you." He says. After making sure they were good I left to go see what was taking so long on the tests. As I'm looking through the computer I feel a tap on my shoulder and look up to find Conner.

"How is your patient doing?" He asks me.

"Waiting." I reply. He smiles and starts printing some discharge papers out.

"I was thinking we could get dinner tonight, maybe hangout or something." He suggests. I nod and agree to that.

The day soon ended and thankfully after waiting for so long I came to the conclusion that my patient was in fact dealing with a stomach bug. He is on medication and doing better. Now I'm on my way home to get ready for dinner tonight. I'm meeting Conner at a small cafe on the corner of the same street that holds our favorite ice cream shop.

I decided to wear something simple like a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with a leather jacket. As I'm parking my car in the parking lot, he texts me saying that he will be a few minutes late and to go ahead inside. I get us a table and order something to drink while I wait. A smile forms on my face seeing him walk through the door.

"Sorry I'm late." He apologized while sitting across from me. After the waiter came to take his drink order we began talking. "Did you see the sign in the window at the ice cream place down the street? They're closing it down." He says.

"That sucks. They were doing so well." I reply. He nodded and we soon ordered food. Dinner seemed to go well before going home later. As I'm getting ready for bed I hear a knock at my door and go to open it. I smile seeing that it's Conner. He looks concerned about something but I'm not sure what. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I uh...I forgot to do something back at the restaurant." He says quietly. I frown.

"What?"

He wraps his arms around me tightly before pulling me into a passionate kiss. I hesitate to pull away but before I could make a decision he did it for me. I stared at him in slight shock but also confusion because I had no idea he felt this way about me.

"I'm...I'm sorry." He apologized.

"No, it's okay. I just," I try finding the right words. "I don't know how I feel about us. I love being your friend but I haven't thought about anything more. To me we just seemed like platonic soulmates." I say.

"I should go." He starts to walk away but I grab his arm.

"No you don't. You haven't done anything wrong."

"Y/n, I care about you too much to stay. And it doesn't help that I just got friend zoned." He admitted then turned on his heel and left. It hurt me to see him leave like that, wondering if I just ruined our friendship over a kiss.