The new girl»»Kelly Severide 🚒

Word count; 596

Nervously but confidently, I made my way into the firehouse. There's only a few women who work here, from what I've heard, and I'll be the next. Today is my first day and I still haven't met any of the ladies and gentlemen I'll be having the privilege to work with. Hopefully they're nice and this will be a good experience for me.

As soon as my feet entered the room, all the men and woman in the room turned their heads my way. I gulped and waved shyly at them all. "Hi I'm y/n." I introduced myself. It was quiet for a moment until someone rolled their eyes playfully and stepped over to me. He's a tall young man and not so bad looking if you ask me.

"I'm Kelly and these are the idiots you'll be working with." He chuckled and winked at all the guys. They gave him dirty looks but all in a playful manner. One by one everyone introduced themselves to me and it already started to feel like home. So far they all seem nice enough but only time will tell.

"You'll do fine here as long as you stay clear of him." Joe told me while pointing at Kelly. I smiled confused while looking over at Kelly who gave Joe the finger. I smirked. This might be more fun than I expected.

"Good. Looks like your getting settled in just fine here," the chief says as he walks in. I've already met chief Boden. He's nice and I'm happy to be here. I nod and give him a smile. The next couple of hours were pretty chill as some of the guys tell me stories about working here.

"You did not fall out of the truck as it was moving," Matt rolled his eyes at the story Otis is telling.

"Really? Tell that to the scar on my leg." He started to lift his pant leg when Matt walked away and he followed. I smirked and watched the two bicker.

"Hopefully we aren't scaring you off." Kelly said as he sat next to me.

"No it's going to take more than falling out of a firetruck to scare me off." I teased and he laughed. He started to say something but got cut off by the siren. "Looks like we should go," I nodded towards the door.

We piled into the trucks before rushing off to the fire that needs tending. After putting it out and saving the people inside the chief assured me I did very good for my first day. This is something I've always wanted to do because my mom used to be a firefighter. Saving people makes me feel good and I'm always happy to help.

At the end of the shift I was putting stuff away when Kelly came over to me. "Hey, y/n. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out tomorrow night?" He seemed sort of nervous asking me that and I smirked. What could hurt from going out with such an adorable guy?

"Sure. I'd love to."

We exchanged numbers so he could text me a time and I said goodbye before leaving. A while after getting home he texted saying that he will be picking me around 7pm. I'm actually excited to go out with him and see where this goes. He seemed like a nice guy and I might of been secretly wishing to see him again.

Hopefully this will lead to more than just a friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry this was so short. 🥺