The perfect day »» Ethan Choi 🚑

Word count; 869

I smile watching how good Ethan is with the ten year old boy with a broken arm. The boy fell at school and broken his arm at recess so his parents brought him here for a cast. Ethan and I have only been dating a few months but watching him interact with children is a sight for sore eyes.

He said something that made the boy laugh and the parents smile. My heart melted seeing him like that and picturing the kind of dad he will be one day. "Someone is daydreaming again." I hear Maggie say as she comes over to me. I groan and give her a soft smile.

"I know but he's so amazing." I state. She nudges my arm and gets back to the paperwork she's going through. A smirk forms on his face when he turns and finds me staring. He came over to me, making my heart skip a beat just because of the way he looks at me.

"Like what you see?" He raises an eyebrow and I roll my eyes then get back to work.

"Dr. Halstead! Dr. Y/l/n!" A nurse calls. I turn around and see my patient is having a seizure. Will and I rush in as the woman struggles. Will orders me to keep her still while he gives her Ativan to help. Once she's calmed down I feel for a pulse and luckily she has a strong one. She's just unconscious right now.

We walked out of her room and I sucked in a sharp breath. "It just doesn't make any sense. She wasn't diagnosed with epilepsy or anything like that so what's causing the seizures?" Will asks me. I shrug and assure him we will figure this out.

When my lunch break rolled around Ethan surprised me with my favorite take out and we sat down in the cafeteria to eat it. "Will seemed stressed earlier. I'm guessing you still haven't gotten a diagnosis for your patient?" He states.

"Not yet but we're close. How about you? I saw how good you were doing with that boy." I raise an eyebrow with a smile on my face. He nods and gives me a warm smile.

"He had a broken arm but that was about it. I don't know, I love kids and it's something I want in the future." He seemed nervous saying that, not knowing how I'd react. Luckily for him I feel the exact same way. Kids is something I want as well.

"Good thing we're on the same page then." I grin. He holds my hand in his and we continue having lunch together. Afterwards we got back to work and finished off the day decently. Will and I diagnosed the poor girl with epilepsy. All those other doctors were looking for the wrong things. We're just happy we caught it and put her on some medication even though it won't fix much.

Now I'm heading home for a much needed rest. Today was a long one and exhausting as well. I get home and set my keys down along with my bag before rummaging around the fridge for something quick to eat. I settled on fruit while debating on either a bath or a shower. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

Frowning confused I stood up and went to answer it. Excitement filled my eyes seeing Ethan standing on the other side of my door. He's holding a pizza box and a grocery bag in his other hand. "Movie night?" He raises an eyebrow. I nod and let him inside as we looked for a movie.

"I'm happy you came over. We've only ever spent the night together once before." I say while putting a movie into the DVD player. He agreed as we sat down on the couch with the pizza.

"You did good today with that girl." He told me.

"Thanks." I rest my head on his shoulder as he wraps his arms around me. I relaxed in his arms as he pulled me closer to him. His fingers were running through my hair making this night perfect. About halfway through the movie he fell asleep on me. His head is resting in my lap and he looks adorable.

I turn the tv off and try to stand without waking him. Once standing I cover him up and clean up some of the mess on my coffee table. Just as I'm about to head to bed I hear him call my name. "Sorry, did I wake you."

"No, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you. It's just been a really long day." He admits.

"It's fine." I shake my head. "We should head to bed." I tell him. He nods and we go into the bedroom where I get ready and lay down for bed. He holds me close as his eyes closed and he starts to fall back into a deep sleep. This time I run my fingers through his hair as he slowly falls asleep.

"Goodnight Ethan." I whisper to him.

"Goodnight y/n." He replies. I place a kiss on his cheek before going to sleep myself.