-55: Anathema Academy's Serpent-

Zero coughed awake, back into the room he had left in Joshua's manor. Hikari held onto his arms firmly, as though she'd shaken him awake. Her expression was slightly worried.
"That voice...was it you?" Zero mumbled.
Hikari stared at him, her eyes softened. Of course, mute. The entity glanced at the floor, the contract with Lucian lay covered in ink and his quill snapped. Zero glanced over at the mirror, his heart in his mouth as he was met with Lucian's smug expression. But when he blinked again, the demon was simply gone. Zero turned to Hikari, who watched him.
"Do you know about Reiss, Keith and Seig? Are they real?" Zero grimaced.
Hikari stared at him, before slowly nodding.
"I see...so it wasn't all a lie, then..."
Zero sighed in thought. Hikari noticed this and sent him a confused frown, raising an eyebrow.
"Don't worry about it," Zero mumbled, rubbing her head.
Taken aback by his out of character action, Hikari frowned even more concerned as Zero turned to look out of the window. Time...

It was late afternoon the next day when Joshua had finally proclaimed the estate safe

"We suspect he was after the Vessel," Joshua frowned, as Zero ate.
Hikari had left to town with Philip, and Neil was elsewhere in the house. Joshua had given Zero his report over his meal, and so Zero picked at his lamb, unsure what to think.
"I was able to confirm it remained untouched," Joshua sighed," Most likely he could not open the door. I'm assuming he waltzed into the manor to find another way to the vessel, Hikari was coincidentally sleepwalking in the foyer."
"Were you able to find out anything about him? Who sent him or who he was?"
Joshua grimaced," Does the name Hadrian mean anything to you?"
Zero froze in place, unsure exactly how to respond to that. Was it worth it to lie? Would Joshua just see through it?
"No, not really," Zero lied.
Joshua shook his head, looking grave," Then, unfortunately, this will not help. His method of escape made gleaning most evidence rather difficult, as you may expect."
Zero nodded," I didn't think he'd do something like that. I mean, after Aloysius told me about some myths, I thought that it wouldn't..."
"You didn't know what would happen if a vampire stepped in the sun?"
"I just," Zero grimaced," Assumed it was like the garlic and stake conspiracies."
Joshua nodded, kindly," I suppose our actual culture is blurred well between human myths. That being said, it must have been quite a frightening thing for you to witness."
They were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell, announcing someone at the door.
"I'll be just a moment," Joshua cleared his throat, walking out to the door.

After a few minutes, Joshua had still not returned, so Zero snuck over to the foyer; to the front door. Joshua was speaking to a much charming, younger male. His face was genuine and gentle, yet knowing the domain, could be a facade. The male seemed to notice Zero, a smile covering his face; Joshua glanced back to see what he was looking at.
"Ah, Draco, this is Zero, a friend of Hikari's" Joshua introduced," Zero, this is Draco, a friend of Hikari's."
"A pleasure to meet you," Draco hummed.
Zero nodded, shyly," And you."
Draco leaned in, slightly nudging Joshua aside," Would you happen to know if Hikari is here."
"We'll she--"
Zero glanced at Joshua, who seemed to meet Zero with a grimacing expression. Clearly the vampire was trying to lay low.
"No. No I don't."
Draco sighed, frowning," Well that's too bad. I was supposed to bring her to Anathema Academy, oh well... suppose I'll be the bearer of bad news to those three annoying co-workers of mine."
"Anathema Academy?" Zero frowned.
"Ah yes," Joshua smiled," Draco is a demon, working at a school."
Draco smiled," That's right. There are four houses at the Academy-- Malediction, Metamorphosis, Seduction and Misfortune. I'm the head of the Metamorphosis dorm, and probably the one who looks after Hikari the most."

"Poor you," Zero chuckled

Draco shot him a deadpanned smirk.
"Can I ask questions?" Zero glanced at the two.
"Are you willing, Draco?" Joshua leaned on the door, slightly.
"Yes, yes!" Draco nodded, enthusiastically," It's my job."
"So what exactly do you do in Metamorphosis?"
"We train and practice the art of shape-shifting. All familiars have a main form we take that represents our truest self."
"So, what's the animal you relate the most to?"
"I decided to be a snake. They represent healing, wisdom and protection. Aspects I've always felt in tune with."
"You said there were three other houses, right? So who are the leaders?"
Draco wrinkled his nose slightly," Adalricus of Malediction; Dante of Seduction and finally, Tavarius of Misfortune."
"What are they like?" Zero frowned, considering Draco seemed a bit sour talking about them, it couldn't be good.
"Adalricus is a hot headed idiot, Dante is too lustful it swells his already shrunken mind and Tavarius--"
Draco physically shivered just mentioning Tavarius.
"Don't ever get on Tavarius' bad side."

Joshua nodded," Yes, he takes sadistic seriously. Even Vrykolakas was taken aback by him."
Zero nearly choked. That was impossible. Draco glanced at his watch with a scowl fixed on his features.
"Oh dear, my carriage will be coming in a moment. I suppose I should leave the conversation at that, if you do not mind, it was a pleasure meeting you, Zero."
Zero nodded, smiling," You too."
Draco smiled, politely at the entity.
"Oh and Joshua."
Joshua raised an eyebrow.
"You are certain you haven't seen Hikari, correct?" Draco raised an eyebrow," You hold a bit of a record for having her in your home."
Joshua's lips went thin, as he gave the demon a closed eye smile," You jest. No Draco, I haven't seen her. You of all people know what she's like. So, your carriage awaits."
Draco dipped his head," Very well. Goodbye."
They watched as the demon walked off, beyond the gates of the manor.
"Why did you lie?" Zero frowned as Joshua shut the doors.
"Sometimes a little lie is necessary, Zero."
"But you told Hikari off for lying."
"She claimed you were a vampire. That's no little lie."