-39: A Lamb to the Slaughter-

The vampires dragged the screaming and kicking entity from the shadows into a damp room and onto an altar. Nils stared down at Zero, his expression cold and unredeemable. The wrestled Zero down, as Nils watched, binding his wrists and ankles to the cold stone. Zero groaned, pulling against his bonds, but they're too tight.
"NILS!" Zero screamed, flailing against the ropes," UNTIE ME NOW!"
"I'm doing what's right," Nils stated," That's all this is, Zero."
"I THOUGHT YOU LIKED ME, NILS!"
The vampire's expression shifted slightly. Nils groaned, glaring at the floor.
"So what if I did!? This is what's right!"
Zero glared at the vampire, enraged.
"WHAT ABOUT BRETT!? HOW IS ANYTHING YOU'VE DONE TO HIM, RIGHT!?"
Nils flared his nostrils, staring at the entity murderously.
"BRETT DOESN'T KNOW BETTER! HE FALLS FOR ASH'S PETTY EXCUSES OVER AND OVER AGAIN! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS TO SEE HIM GO AGAINST ME!? I'M DOING ALL OF THIS FOR BRETT, BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY FAMILY I HAVE LEFT! WE'RE THE SAME COVEN! HE WAS ALL I HAD! ALL I DO HAVE!"
"Well I know and love Brett!" Zero screamed," And he'd despise you for this!"
"HE WON'T ANYMORE! BECAUSE I TOLD HIM THAT YOU SAID YOU HATE HIM!"

Zero's eyes widened, his pupils dilating. His breath went shaky.
"...Y-You...YOU BASTARD!"
"BRETT IS HURT BY YOU NOW!" Nils roared," AS IT SHOULD BE! HE'S FREE OF AN OUTSIDER TWISTING HIS MIND THAN ASH ALREADY HAS!"
"ASH HASN'T TWISTED HIS MIND AT ALL, AND I DEFINITELY HAVEN'T!" Zero screamed, tears rolling down his cheeks," WE LET HIM CHOOSE WHAT HE BELIEVES IN! YOU-!? YOU FUCKING DICTATED HIM!"
Nils bared his fangs," TAKE THAT BACK!"
Zero growled," THEN GIVE ME BACK MY BOYFRIEND!"
Zero pulled at his bonds as a familiar figure appeared out of the shadows.
"YOU SCUM!" Zero screamed, spitting on Hadrian.
Hadrian sneered down at Zero," How pitiful, is that the best you can do? Your blood is mine, boy. Well done, Nils."
Zero glared up at Hadrian, too furious to speak for a moment.
"WHAT ABOUT THE LESSER VAMPIRES!? Don't you need to save them!?" Zero snapped.
Hadrian rolled his eyes.
"I don't care about the Lesser vampires. So what, they go rabid and feast upon humans? That's as it should be. All that matters is your blood will give me the power I need to destroy Aloysius and finally get revenge."
Nils grimaced, turning away as Hadrian leaned closer, bearing his fangs.
"And I'll need every last drop of it."
Zero cringed away from him. Above, the blood moon shone down.

"Let's get started," Hadrian snapped, clapping his hands, stepping back," Nils!"
Nils sighed, pulling a wooden stake out from his pocket, Hadrian sneered.
"Go on, straight through his heart, Nils," Hadrian smirked.
"Nils!" Zero yelled, the vampire hesitated," Do you really trust Hadrian!? Do you think for a moment that this will solve your past and pain?"
Nils stared at the entity, incredulously.
"Of course he can!" Nils snapped," He's an Elder Vampire and the leader of my coven. He understands this better than you, lamb! I have no doubt!"
Zero closed his eyes, unable to handle the fierce determination in his eyes.
"Enough, Nils," Hadrian cleared his throat," He's stalling. He's hoping his friends will come to save him. It's too late--"
Hadrian's jaw snapped shut at the sound of footsteps. He glared furiously at the door, and Zero managed to twist his head to look. Aloysius and Cassius entered the room, Hikari meekly following behind both. Relief swept through the entity.
"Drop that stake, now," Aloysius bared his fangs at Nils.
His voice was eerily hypnotic. Nils' hands trembled above Zero, the stake slipping from his fingers. Aloysius fixed the fury of his gaze on Hadrian.

"Hikari told me everything, she'd done some investigating on you, Hadrian!" Aloysius growled," You dare strike a bargain behind my back!? Even the undead should know better than to dabble in necromancy!"
Hadrian remained eerily calm in the face of Aloysius' rage.
"You should have executed me for treason along with my parents," Hadrian scorned.
Aloysius glanced at Nils.
"So, you've been allied with him the entire time?"
Nils nodded, a hint of fear carried in his eyes.
"He's helped me through everything," Nils stated," I would sacrifice my own life for Lord Hadrian."
Aloysius scowled, distastefully," How amusing. You bargained with Hadrian to resurrect your family, didn't you? But your foolish desire is forbidden."
Nils trembled with rage," YOU!"
"QUIET!" Aloysius roared," I'll deal with you later."
Aloysius gaze flickered over Zero.
"The descendant of the Mother should not be harmed, Hadrian. You could never handle such power."
Hadrian snorted in disdain," You've been in power too long, Aloysius. And far too lenient with the humans. Someone has to step up and set things right."
Aloysius crossed his arms over his chest and arched an eyebrow," Ah, yes, because you're doing this for the good of all vampires, and not just for yourself? What an impudent servant you are."

Cassius stepped forward, a vial of something red in between his fingers," See this!? I was able to replicate Zero's blood and create a cure. I administered it to a sick patient, and she recovered within minutes. We can give this to the Lesser vampires and end this madness."
Nils shook his head," No! I won't let anything be taken from me again!"
Nils roared, raising the stake above Zero's chest.
"THIS ENDS NOW!"
Aloysius rammed into him, sending Nils reeling into the shadows.
"The deal is off, Nils!" Aloysius raised his voice," We have a cure now!"
Hadrian snapped his fingers, and a group of vampires stepped forward. Aloysius stared at Hadrian's henchmen in blatant shock.
"What have you done to them, Hadrian!?"
Hadrian snickered," Wouldn't you like to know? Too bad you'll never find out. ATTACK!"
The henchmen lunged at once at Aloysius, a fierce fight breaking out. Cassius joined to help him, Hikari rushing forward to untie Zero's bonds. Zero noticed there was something off, she looked paler and her eyes were slightly bloodshot. As she moved to untie the last bond, Nils roared forward trying to stop her.
"HIKARI! DO NOT FALL FOR IT!" Nils screamed, trying to tug her off the bonds.
Zero's eyes widened, a pained groan leaving Hikari's mouth. Her expression was similar to those in the remnants. She let out a crazed scream, biting into Nils' arm, blood drooling down his arm.
Nils grimaced," You... needed that, didn't you?"

Hikari pulled away before she could do it anymore, licking up some of his blood. Aside from a wound, Nils was fine. The vampire groaned, untying Zero's ropes.
"Tell no one!" Nils shook his head.
A loud snarl jolted the entity's attention over to Aloysius. Cassius dragged a henchman away, swearing loudly. Aloysius snarled, clawing at Hadrian's face just as another vampire grabbed his leg. Cassius huffed, darting over to help him. He pulled the henchman off Aloysius' leg, throwing him against the wall. The henchman quickly got up, snarling, spittle flying.
"THEY WON'T STAY DOWN!" Cassius groaned.
"I've never seen anything like this," Aloysius growled.
"That's not comforting to hear," Cassius grimaced, wiping blood from his face.
Hadrian grinned at Aloysius," Tired yet, Aloysius?"
Despite Aloysius' fearsome strength, the fight looked grim. A piercing whistle cut through the air. Hadrian avoided Aloysius' punch and shifted away, glaring.
"I know that whistle..."
Two familiar figures rushed in through the door.
"Virgil, Raoul!" Hikari gasped.
Hadrian snapped his fingers, his henchmen freezing.

"Brother," Hadrian grumbled," I should have known."
Virgil scowled," Your new friends are hideous, Hadrian."
Raoul pulled out his medallion with his free hand. Hadrian took a step back, his smile fixed in place.
"You surprise me, priest. You're not as cowardly as some as your other brethren."
Aloysius wiped a blood stain from his mouth with a scowl," I think the odds are more in our favour than yours, Hadrian."
Hadrian trembled in rage," CURSE YOU, ALOYSIUS! I WILL TAKE CONTROL!"
Raoul held out his medallion," ALOYSIUS, HIKARI, ZERO! RUN! ESCAPE. HE'LL MAKE THE HORDE CHASE YOU! FIND A WAY OUT, WE'LL FIND YOU LATER!"
Aloysius nodded, glancing at Zero and Hikari, gesturing for them to follow.
"Follow!" Hikari snapped, running ahead after Aloysius.
Zero nodded, ducking under Raoul and out of the door. Nils watched, sadly.