Chapter 5 Part 7: The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

I got up from my bed, putting on my broken glasses and looking up at the clock. Fifty two minutes until the morning announcement. I took a deep breath, sitting with my legs on the side of the bed. I rested my elbows on my knees, and covered my face with my hands. Slowly, my finger began tapping the side of my head.

I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night. I was too focused on what had happened in the cafeteria. I took a deep breath. I needed some time to think of what to do. Maybe I'd already spent the whole night doing so, but I need some more time trying to fix things instead of worrying. I placed a hand on my face, stumbling into the bathroom and placing my glasses on the counter.

I turned on the shower, and stepped inside. I started to wash my hair, placing my forehead against the wall. How can I fix this? I don't know what's going on with Kawata. I mean, none of the rules he set up were inherently wrong. If anything, I kind of wish that these rules had been set up at the beginning. We could've avoided so much trouble. But... it just didn't feel right. Like... our freedom was stifled a lot more. I know that it was frail beforehand, but it was just... concerning.

I paused. I don't really know what to do with Kawata. We can figure that out later. But... I do know that I have to get rid of that chip as soon as possible. Ressa has to figure that out eventually. I smiled. And I was already in their group too. It was going to be alright.

I got out of the shower, quickly drying myself off and changing. I took a deep breath, looking at the clock. Jeez, it was already 6:48?I guess I was just so worried that time flew by. I pulled open the drawer, taking the chip out and stuffed it into my pocket. I was about to shut it again, but I paused. My fountain pen was still missing.

Ever since my room was ransacked, I haven't been able to find it. Ressa said he didn't take it. But maybe he did? I don't know why anyone would want to take it. Maybe just to cause drama? I mean, it's the only thing I have from my dad right now. I closed the drawer, lost in thought. For some reason, I wasn't as upset. Awhile ago, I probably would've panicked. But... right now... it just didn't matter? Suddenly, the monitor turned on.

"EVERYONE WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!" Ressa yelled. "Great! Now that I have your attention, ONE OF YOU NEEDS TO RETURN WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE!!! I'm really getting PISSED OFF WITH YOU GUYS!!! I expect it to be returned within the day. Now, good morning! And goodnight for some of you... MWHAHAHAHAH!!!!" The monitor shut off.

My heart stopped. Oh god. He was talking about me. He knew. I took a couple of deep breath. Relax. He doesn't know it was you! He could be talking about anyone. But he will definitely find out it's me, because he told me that information. I need to give this away. As soon as possible.

I walked out of my room, into the hallway. Otani and Arima were already there in a line. I walked over to stand by Arima, who avoided eye contact with me. I sighed, standing next to him. Yamazaki stumbled out of his room, nearly slamming into the wall. He groaned, shoving his door closed. He adjusted his scarf, before shoving his hands in his pockets, which were still in gloves. He wandered past Otani, who smiled at him. Yamazaki rolled his eyes, getting into line beside me. Kawata stepped out of his room, looking down the hall and smiling.

"Thanks for coming everyone." Kawata said. He had a clipboard in his hands. He took his hat off of his head, and grinned. "I'm glad you guys are doing what I asked. I'm only doing this as a precaution. And I really appreciate you guys doing this, I do."

"Can we just fucking start!?" Yamazaki snapped, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. Kawata glared, taking a deep breath.

"... okay." He replied. "Otani."

"Here."

"Arima." Kawata said.

"I'm here."

"Yamazaki." He continued.