Chapter 3 Part 11- The Knowing, and The Keeping

I was frozen still. The sight had caused me to completely lose myself. Everything was so silent. I knew I was screaming, but the silence had enveloped me. And only sound filled my ears, as the monitor turned on.

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time has passed, you'll be placed into a deadly class trial where the killer either gets sent away scot free, or their body is horribly mutilated in a sick twisted way! Have fun everyone!" Ressa announced. I stared at the bodies, my face going pale.

You never really know if someone's dead, until that body announcement goes off. When that announcement goes off, that's when you know that it's real. When it sets in that they'll never come back. When you can feel time return to you. When you know with all of your being that if you don't work for this, then everyone is going to die.

"HIRANO!!!" Kawata yelled, racing down the hall. "WHAT HAPPENED-" he said, before looking into the room, his eyes going wide. He stood frozen for a moment, before his expression became sorrowful and regretful. "Dammit... not again..."  Suddenly, the monitor turned on again.

"A body has been discovered! Now hurry up and head to the crime scene so we can finally get to the death, death DEATH!!! Also, all doors have been unlocked for your convenience! See you all very soon!" Ressa said.

I felt Kawata place a hand on my shoulder, continuing to stare at the bodies as he shook his head back and forth. It was as if he was trying to make sure he didn't believe it. Make sure that this didn't come to life. But it felt so real, even if the idea was almost preposterous.

"Wowie! They really went gruesome on this one! How awesome! I love to see some blood and guts with the handy work!" Ressa laughed. He turned to the two of us. "Say, you haven't seen Araigu around anywhere have you? I'd love to finally fulfill my promise..." Ressa chuckled. Neither of us spoke. I could feel my heart rate rise as the little stuffed animal approached. "Oh well, it's fine. The chase is the best part!" He laughed. "I believe that these are yours!" He held out two files. Slowly, Kawata reached out and grabbed them from Ressa. Suddenly, Ressa snatched him by the wrist. "Hey, why are you acting like that? I'm not gonna jump out and bite you! Well, I probably would, but that's besides the point." He chuckled, letting go of Kawata's wrist as he pulled back and fell to the floor. "Oh, and here you are Hirano! I meant to give these to your first but the fuzz got to it first." He held out to files in front of me. Slowly, my hands shaking, I took them from his paw. "Welp, have fun! I have to make sure that these things go out to the others!" He laughed, before suddenly disappearing.

I turned to Kawata, as he stayed on the floor, a terrified yet frustrated look on his face. After a moment, I reached a hand out to him. Kawata tried to grab it, but accidentally lifted his broken hand. He laughed, before taking his other hand and putting it in mine. I pulled him up, him smiling as he stood by my side, before a frown appeared on his face. Suddenly, the others raced into the room.

"Oh god..." Imamura blurting, covering her mouth.

"So... it's begun once more..." Kajiwara sighed.

"I- I can't take this anymore! H- how many people h- have to lose their lives b- before this is over!?" Arima cried out. No one spoke, the room remaining silent. How many people DID it have to take? We've already lost so many friends... so how many more? How many more until we finally got out of this hellish place? I made eye contact with Otani, who was covering his mouth and ugh his hands, tears at the edges of his eyes. He quickly raced away.

"We're not going to know until we finally do escape this place." Yamazaki replied, wandering over to the bodies and kneeling down, pulling on his black disposable gloves. I sighed. This isn't going to be over until we find out who the culprit is. So, I might as well start now. I took out the file, and began to look through it.