Chapter 1 Part 7- Roped up in a Killing Game

Everyone was silent as the elevator slowly began to descend. My heart was racing, as I stared at the floor. Were we all going to die? Was this all futile?

"Hey, Hirano." Kawata said, walking over to me. I nearly jumped out of my skin, not expecting him to talk to me.

"W- what?" I asked, after I regained my composure. He gave me a nervous smile.

"You're probably the smartest person here. If anyone can help us achieve this, it's you. I know that you're a bit shy, but try and put that aside. You can achieve great things, you just have to be more sure of yourself." He said, a bright smile on his face. I stared at him for a moment, and returned it with a grin of my own.

"Okay. I- I'll try." I replied. Suddenly, the elevator came to a quick stop. The doors opened to a huge room.

The room had two thrones towering over an area of pillars that were in a circle. We all wandered out of the elevator, looking at the space that surrounded us. The room was covered in bookshelves, with millions of books inside each of them. What was this? Did they create this after the Furuya died? Is this the theme because she died? And how did they make it this fast!?

"Ah! The trial room! Alright everybody, find the podium with your name on it and we'll begin!" Ressa announced, before hurriedly running over and pulling himself up onto one of the thrones. The other one had Araigu sitting there already.

Everyone looked to each other, before circling the pillars. After a while I found my podium. Slowly, I stepped up on it, taking a deep breath.

 Slowly, I stepped up on it, taking a deep breath

This was it.... the class trial....

A battle against the killer and the rest of the students