Chapter 1 Part 4- Roped Up in a Killing Game

Authors Note: This chapter is basically just free time events. You can either skip it, or read just your favorites. But I'd suggest reading most, if not all
of them. They may play into the actual trials. But you won't know when and how. Either way, have a good time with the story!

"H- hello students. This is a formal a- announcement. The time is now 7 AM. That means that n- nighttime is officially over. Have a g- good day!" Araigu said from the monitor, before it suddenly shut off.

I stared up at it, entirely tired. I'd only gotten the slightest bit of sleep last night because of what happened with Kawata. I wanted to get more sleep, but I knew the promise I made yesterday. I can't just sit around all day. I want to get to know everyone here. I want to make sure I'm proud of who I am.

I got up, and quickly got ready. I was about to look at the time, before suddenly, a stuffed animal appeared in front of me.

"Hirano!" Ressa yelled, jumping up out of practically nowhere. I held back the urge to scream. "You did something that makes me aaaaaaaaannnnnngggggggrrrrrrryyyyyy! Ugh, how annoying! And I can't do anything about it!"

"W- what did I do?" I asked. He glared at me, before disappearing. What was that about?

There shouldn't be anything I have to do today, so, what should do?

-Free Time-

I walked out of my room, and went straight to the kitchen. There would definitely be people there to talk to. I approached someone.

"Why hello Hirano. Would you want to help me bake something?" Otani asked.

Should I hang out with Otani? -Yes- -No-

"Great! I would love some help with this recipe!" He said.

I helped Otani bake a cake. I mostly messed it up for him, getting flour all over the room. But he didn't seem to mind.

I think Otani and I got a little bit closer today. Would I like to give him a present? -Yes- -No-

I gave Otani some measuring cups.

"You'd give this to me? You're so sweet Hirano." He said, a bright smile on his face. "I'm a bit curious, how did you gain your talent?" I thought about it for a moment.

"W- well, not very many p- people like to listen to me t- talk. Teaching people things th- they don't know was the only way I could g- get people to pay attention. S- so, I started l- learning new things and teaching p- people about it." I smiled.

"Well, I would love to hear you talk about the things you enjoy." He replied, giving me a warm grin. Otani is just so bright and bubbly, I can't help but be happy around him.

"W- what about you? How did you g- get your talent?" I asked.

"Well, my family have always been people who want to discover. They've always wanted me to do something I'm proud of, and that I've actually enjoyed. Baking was just something I did in my past time, until my mother entered me into a baking competition. I didn't really want to, but she insisted I try." He said.

"S- so, you didn't want to d- do the competition?" I asked.

"Of course not. Baking has always been something that I've used to make the people I love happy. I don't want to weaponize it for competitive means." He explained. "I ended up winning the competition, which made the public excited. They wanted me to open my own bakery. My family cheered me on, so I did it. But it's always been very stressful. I own the business, but I rarely go there."