Prologue 2: Hotel of Dwindling Confusion

I screamed, falling back into the ground as I did. I hadn't even seen what it was, and I'd freaked out. All I saw was movement and then I panicked.

"Oh crap! I'm sorry, did I scared you? Here, let me help you up!" The person said, reaching out a hand to me. Embarrassed, I took the person hand and stood up.

"No, sorry, I just wasn't expecting someone to be right there..." I replied. The person smiled.

"It's okay. Anyway, we should probably go meet with the others." He said. I stared, confused.

"Others?"

"Oh, yeah, we were all waiting for the last person to arrive, so I came back here to get you." He replied.

"Because of the name plates, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"We were waiting for awhile. There was some sort of announcement on the monitors to go to the lobby, and so we all went there. But we saw sixteen doors, so we were kind of worried." He said, as he scratched the back of his neck. As he spoke, I looked him up and down. Almost immediately, I could guess his talent. But it's good for people to give introductions.

"Um, I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked. The guy paused, looking a bit embarrassed.

"Oh yeah, I should probably introduce myself!" He quickly checked his hair, before wiping the dust off of his pants and shirt. Then, he quickly moved his posture and put a bright smile on his face.

"My name is Kawata Satoru. I am the Ultimate Police Officer. If you need help with anything, just let me know!"

 If you need help with anything, just let me know!"

Ah, so this is the police officer. There was a lot of details and threads about him. Apparently, he started training when he was five. Ever since then, he's arrested lots of thieves, and even brought down a gang of mobsters single handedly. He's probably a stickler for laws and rules, but I don't mind. As long as I don't get into trouble I'll be okay.

"Um, so what is your name?" Kawata asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry, um... my name is Hirano Rei, the Ultimate Tutor. Sorry I freaked out earlier." I said. He smiled and nodded.

"It's no problem. I'm the one who scared you, so you shouldn't apologize for that." He said, with a nervous laugh. "Let's go meet up with the others. There probably all waiting." I nodded, as he started to walk down the hallway.

I observed my surroundings as we made our way down the halls. We made our way to a balcony, and as I looked over it, I could see everyone standing around a fountain. I took a deep breath, following Kawata down a set of stairs. It was almost intimidating seeing all of the Ultimates there.

"Finally she arrived! I thought I was gonna die of boredom!" Someone said.

"You must be a very heavy sleeper, that announcement was pretty loud. Or maybe you were hiding out in your room? I could see both possibilities..." Someone else said.