Chapter 4 Part 8- Sticks And Stones May Break My Bones, But Words Can Truly Kill

"Wake up! We have a competition on our hands! First person to the dining room gets a special treat! GO GO GO!!! I NEED ENTERTAINMENT!!!" Ressa called out from the monitor, before it suddenly went off.

I stared for a moment, before taking a long sigh. These morning announcements were getting a lot worse. I miss Araigu's announcements. But it's better if they don't come out of hiding. I got up, getting changed and heading out of the room. I began walking to the cafeteria, before taking a pause, hearing a conversation down the hallway. I paused, looking towards the noise.

"Imamura, this isn't a good idea!" Taguchi said. Imamura groaned.

"Oh come on! Give it a try! You can't hide from everyone forever!" Imamura replied.

"Actually, I can. Goodbye!" Taguchi responded, turning back around. He wa suddenly grabbed by the wrist. I stared at the two of them for a moment, before walking towards them.

"Aw, are you to scared to even look at another human being?" Imamura teased. Taguchi laughed a bit.

"Well, since I am a martian, it's kind of hard on the eyes to see a living breathing person. And I don't think you understand Imamura!" He said. "I'm a menace to society, and it's kind of hard to come back from that!" He chuckled to himself.

"U- um..." I began. Taguchi jumped back, almost panicking as he quickly hid behind Imamura.

"Oh, Taguchi, I need to tell you something." Imamura said, teasingly. "I'd like you to meet my friend here! Taguchi, this is Hirano, Hirano, this is Taguchi." I stared at Imamura, confused for a moment, before reluctantly waving to Taguchi. I could see the panic in his eyes, suddenly disappearing when he looked to Imamura. He took a deep breath.

"I am fully aware of who Hirano is. I don't think an introduction is needed." He replied. Suddenly, a mischievous smile came across his face, as he folded his arms. "Also, I thought you didn't have any friends." He said, pointing to Imamura as she rolled her eyes.

"Well, at least I'm trying to make some new ones! You've just been running away! Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to finally get off your ass and facing your baby fetus fears!" Imamura chuckled, before stepping to the side, pointing to me. I stared at Taguchi, who had an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Um... hi! I- I'm Hirano..?" I said, entirely confused as I ever so slightly raised my hand up to shake his. Taguchi glared for a moment, before finally shaking it ever so slightly.

"Can I sit back down now? I got off my ass and now I want to get back on it." Taguchi replied. I stared at him blankly. Imamura rolled her eyes, punching him in the upper arm.

"You're such an idiot!" She laughed. Taguchi smiling in response. Suddenly, we heard cackling from down the hall. We all turned around, trying to see where the source of the sound was coming from.

"I SHALL GET THE PRIZE!!!" Sugai yelled, racing through the door, Kajiwara trying to grab him as they raced into the dining hall.

"... well... at least the focus won't be on you..." Imamura said.

"Of course it won't. I'm not going to be there." Taguchi replied.

"Oh come on!" Imamura responded. She groaned, looking over to me. "Just go in without us. I'll be there in a minute." I nodded, heading over to the dining hall. I opened the doors, stepping inside.

"Huh!? What do you mean I didn't win!?" Sugai shouted.

"Well, little gremlin boy, Arima was already in here when I made that announcement, so he gets the prize!" Ressa explained. Sugai looked at him confused, before scanning the room with his eyes. In one of the chairs, Arima sat, staring at the ground. The strangest thing was that he was wearing his hoodie normally, instead of as a cape.