Chapter 3 Part 9- The Knowing, and The Keeping

I started walking out of the room, putting on my shoes as I went out the door. I wandered down the hallway, until I reached the stairs. I headed down, going outside and opening the front door of the hotel. I stepped inside, and began walking to the cafeteria.

"HIRANO!!!" Someone yelled, running over to me. I turned in their direction, realizing it was Kawata.

"H- hey, what is it?" I asked. He stared at me for a moment, sweat rolling down his face as he shifted nervously. He took a deep breath.

"I think I know who ransacked your room." He responded. I stared at him for a moment.

"You do?" I replied. He nodded vigorously.

"Let's go get some breakfast first. And then I'll tell you everything." He said. I stared at him for a moment, sighing and walking with him to the cafeteria doors.

"Hey Hirano! Did you find out if you could help us out or not?" Naito asked, a smile on her face. I adjusted my glasses briefly, walking over to one of the chairs and sitting down.

"O- oh... I can't. S- sorry." I replied. Scratching the back of my head.

"Um, h- hey. C- could I help you guys out today?" Arima asked, Miyazaki side eying him and then looking away.

"Oh! Of course! We were actually gonna ask if anyone wanted to help us out today. Tengan seemed really insistent about it." Naito said, a smile on her face. Tengan glanced at her, before looking back to the room.

"That room is not a two man job. Trust me." She explained.

"Hey, not that I really care about any drama going on between any of you guys, but what did you ask Miyazaki about yesterday Arima? You said you were going to talk with her about something, and now she's acting all bitchy!" Sugai laughed. Miyazaki stood up, and wandered out of the room, Arima having sweat roll down his face as he nervously twiddled his thumbs. "Oh! So it really was some sort of spicy topic? Now I've GOT to hear the details-" Kajiwara quickly covered Sugai's mouth with his hand. The angry gremlin began fighting to get the hand away. Suddenly, he took a piece of duct tape and placed it over his mouth, before moving his palms back down to his sides.

"I'm getting tired of your chaos." Kajiwara replied, as Sugai began to grab at the tape but was unable to pull it off of his face.

"How are you this morning Kawata? You were asleep for quite a long time." Otani said, walking over and placing a stack of waffles in the center of the table.

"Oh, yeah. I just didn't get a lot of sleep the night before." He replied, instinctively grabbing a waffle and placing it onto the plate he had out in front of him.

"And why's that?" Yamazaki snapped through the silence, making his presence, which had seemingly absent before hand, completely known. Kawata glared at Yamazaki angrily, as he poured a small bit of syrup onto the waffle and took a huge bite.

"I'm trying to figure a way out of here with the clues we've found already. There's no rest when finding the exit could save all our lives." Kawata replied, still staring at Yamazaki with an angry look in his eyes. I paused for a moment, before something came to mind.

"Oh! H- hey, Naito, how was the picture you wanted Yamazaki to take?" I said. Naito suddenly lost her smile, being replaced by a blank frown. In silence, she took a photo out of her pocket and slid it across the table to me.

I picked up the photo, and stared at it with shocked eyes. The picture was completely blurry. It was hard to even tell that there was anything but random blotches of color. I'd probably be able to take a better photo if I dropped the camera on the floor and let it do the rest of the work. I looked up to Yamazaki, who rolled his eyes.