Chapter 3 Part 1- The Knowing, and The Keeping

They stood there, watching as the people fought. They didn't even have to speak up. Everyone didn't even suspect that this was all a set up. Maybe this group was just stupid. But, of course, they had done a tedious job to make sure that no one suspected them. Everyone was falling right into their trap.

"It has to have been him!" One girl yelled.

"Yeah! There's no other possibility!" A boy yelled in return.

"NO!!! STOP!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" The boy screamed back.

"We'd like to cast our vote! We want to vote them out!" Another girl said.

"Alright then~ cast your votes, and see who will survive and who will die~" The robot said.

"STOP!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" The boy screamed.

They clicked on the device, almost smirking but held themselves together. This killing game had just started, and it was going to end without even a second thought. They would be the soul survivor.

A spinning wheel of faces appeared, spinning around before landing on them. Suddenly, a buzzer went off, with red warning lights going crazy.

"W- wait... w- we were wrong?" They said.

"It looks like you all lost, boo hoo..." the robot said.

"B- but... who-" he began.

"I'm sorry everyone, but I have to get out of here." They said in return.

"HOW!? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!?" A girl screamed. They paused, looking to the group of people.

"It was the only way. Is it so wrong for me to try and get out of here?" They asked.

"You... seem different... somehow..." one of the boys said. They took a long pause.

"Just start the execution. I want to get out of here as soon as possible." They said.

"Alright everyone~ prepare to die!" The robot said, their voice deep and that nearly sent chills down their spine.

They watched, as every single one of them died. It was almost unsettling, but they'd seen worse. Much worse. They sighed as the last one perished, beginning to walk towards a door that had opened up. They were going to get out of here. And they wouldn't turn back.

"Nuh uh uh~" The robot said, the doors suddenly shutting, closing them inside. A fury suddenly overcame them.

"H- HEY!!! YOU SAID I COULD LEAVE!!! WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL!?" They yelled, a fear overcoming them, as they stared at the robot.

"We're going to need you for something... sorry~" the robot said. They began to yell out, angry and afraid as gas filled the room. Their vision began to blur, and their legs became weak. They fell to the ground, only being able to keep themselves awake by the slightest bit. "We'll see you in a bit... Daiton Ishiko..." Their eyes closed. What... was going to happen to them?

-

I sat up in my bed, slowly getting up. My body wouldn't cooperate with me, dragging me around as I tried to wander the room. I got changed as quickly as I could, before leaving the room.

I brought myself over to the cafeteria, and pushed open the doors. Only one person there. Taguchi Masahiko.

"Why hello there Hirano! It's nice to see you this morning!" He said. A chill ran down my spine, as he approached me. He had a bright smile on his face, all the way until he was right in front of me, before he finally stopped smiling. "So... Hirano... I have a proposition for you. But it's going to require you betray someone else."