Chapter 1 Part 5- Roped Up in a Killing Game

"H- hello students. This is a formal a- announcement. The time is now 7 AM. That means that n- nighttime is officially over. Have a g- good day!" Araigu said from the monitor, before it suddenly shut off.

I took a long, deep sigh. I was tired from waking up so early in the morning for the past three days. But that was okay. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Ressa would just wake me up anyway.

I quickly got changed, leaving my bedroom. I decided to head to the dining room. I've always eaten breakfast, and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Plus, I was starving so getting something in my system would be good. I entered the singing hall, taking a moment to take a deep breath.

"Why hello Hirano!" Otani said, from a window beside the door. The window had no glass, instead a block of wood that sufficed as a door, with a small lock in the side of it.

"H- hi Otani." I replied.

"Hirano, would you want to help me with something?" Otani asked. I paused, before nodding, walking over to him. "I'd like to throw a celebration with everyone in the dining hall. If you could be so kind, could you help me decorate and give away the invitations?"

"S- sure." I said. He smiled, handing me a couple of hand written invitations. Each of them made with care, all addressed to different people.

One of them had my name on it, and the time of 11:30 to 1:00 on it. Set to take place in the dining room. I smiled, taking them out of the room. It was nice they Otani wanted to let everybody have a good time. I nodded to myself, as I walked to the hallway. Some people were just exiting their rooms, and others were still inside. Either way, I passed out the invitations and slid some of the papers under the doors.

Once I finished, I returned to the dining hall. I wasn't exactly sure why Otani wanted everyone in there. What kind of celebration was he throwing? And why was he creating this party in the first place? Those were the questions I asked as I entered the room.

"Welcome back Hirano!" Otani said, a bright smile on her face. He held a giant box of decorations in his hands.

"W- where'd you find d- decorations?" I asked.

"Well, there's this storage closet downstairs by the game rooms." He replied, placing the box on the table. "Alright, let's get to decorating."

Otani and I decorated the singing hall with very basic decorations. A couple of streamers, some colorful plates, and a bit of confetti on the table. After a bit, the room looked pretty nice. Though, it did seem a bit lazily done.

"Thank you so much Hirano. You were a very good help. I'm going to prepare some baked goods. You can go do whatever you like before the celebration." Otani said, a bright smile on his face.

"O- okay, but I am a- a bit curious. What are w- we celebrating?" I asked.

"Well, it's mostly just a celebration about still being alive. But I thought the tension was growing a bit high with the idea that someone here is planning to murder someone else. I just thought that a small party would help to calm everyone's nerves." He explained. I nodded, giving him a small grin.

"Th- that was a good i- idea." I said. I walked away, waving to Otani as I did.

It was nice what Otani was doing for us. But, I was a bit curious. What was Otani baking? Was it okay for me to leave him alone? Especially since there's a killer going around.

I wandered back into my room. I was kind of tired, even though I hadn't done anything today. Maybe it was the fact I just kept talking to people nonstop the day before. But my energy was drained. I fell onto my bed, closing my eyes, and drifting into the darkness.