{36}

MIA

I woke up at the feeling of something stirring beside me, or more like someone stirring beside me. 

I struggled to turn my body around due to the strong arms spooning me from behind. I didn't have to look to know who the muscular arms belonged to. I recognized Ace from just his musky scent.

I somehow managed to slip out of his grasp after writhing back and forth without making contact as to not wake him. 

I looked down at his sleeping figure and watched as he softly breathed. His hair was all ruffled and his lips were swollen. He really did have such a majestic face.

His perfectly thick brows scrunched as he mumbled something before flipping onto his stomach and tucking both his hands under the pillow, giving me a view of his perfectly sculpted back.  

My nose scrunched at the sight of fresh scratch marks on his skin, knowing my nails were the cause of that. 

I looked down at my hands, not realizing that I even did that in the first place.

 Memories of what we did flooded my brain and my face flushed in embarrassment. 

How the hell could I let things go that far?

I'm so fucking stupid. 

My body erupted in goosebumps as a cool breeze swept in through the window and I looked down to find myself still naked, or almost naked thanks to my surprisingly still intact thong. 

Carefully, I stood up and made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. My body felt light, yet I couldn't help but feel dirty, and not in the way where I feel dirty for the things that Ace and I did, but for the fact that I didn't shower after, making me feel all sticky. 

I walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, not bothering to lock the door. Knowing that a locked door wouldn't stop Ace from coming in. He'd probably break the door and not even give it a second thought. 

Hopefully he stays asleep though.

I didn't really know how to face him after what we did. I knew that I couldn't avoid him and pretending it didn't happen wouldn't do me much good either, so I opted for just pretending like it wasn't that much of a big deal. 

I turned on the hot water in the shower and took off my underwear to toss in the dirty laundry basket. 

When I slipped under the warm stream of water, I let out a sigh of relief. I leathered shampoo into my hair and messaged my scalp before rinsing then repeated the process again. After, I added conditioner into my hair. 

While letting that set. I opened my eyes and slid open the shower door to try and go grab my toothbrush. 

I yelped in surprise when I saw Ace standing at the sink, brushing his teeth with my toothbrush.

I didn't even hear him come in. My senses have really dulled during my imprisonment here.

"Morning beautiful." He greeted while looking at me through the bathroom mirror. My toothbrush still in his mouth and minty foam sliding down the corner of his lips.

I hid my exposed body behind the shower door, not that it did much considering that is was clear glass. 

"What the hell?! I'm showering and indecent. Get out!" 

He snickered before rinsing out his mouth with water and spitting into the sink.

He ignored my demand and turned around to hand me my toothbrush and toothpaste. "Is this what you were about to leave the shower for?"