{16}

Ace

"It's all set up." Aiden said as he passed me my phone and AirPods. 

I saw that my mystery girl finally got her pin today at math class and I couldn't wait to meet up with Aiden in the chemistry lab so we can set everything up. 

We were missing lunch for this. 

Yesterday, he snuck into the office after closing hours and replaced the pins with the ones that had listening devices in them. 

I connected my phone with my mystery girl's pin through an app and Aiden did the same with her cousin's pin. 

I couldn't listen to both girls at the same time so I split the work with Aiden. 

Now all we had to do was put on our AirPods and listen. 

I put on the headphones and clicked onto the app. I heard a quiet beep, which indicated that it connected successfully. 

"Mine connected." I said to Aiden, who gave me a thumbs up. "Mine too." 

It was quiet for a few seconds, then I heard footsteps, followed my multiple voices. 

She must be at lunch. 

Aiden chuckled beside me. 

"What?" I asked as his chuckle turned into a laugh. 

"My girl is cussing someone out." He continued to laugh at whatever he was hearing. 

"Why?" 

He shrugged. "I don't know, but it's funny as hell." 

It continued to be silent other than the chatter on my end, but then I heard a light thump.

"I hate this shitty ass school." A female frustratingly said. 

I looked up at Aiden to see him already looking at me. That was the cousin. 

"What the hell happened to you?" My girl asked. 

My heart immediately fluttered at the sound of her soft voice and I mentally lectured myself.

Their conversation carried on about how the cousin was picked on in the hallway and how angry she was about it.

Aiden laughed again. "That explains all the cussing." 

It got quite for a couple more seconds before my girl commented about how it looked like it hurt.

"Gee Mia, thanks for stating the obvious." 

Mia

That was my girl's name, her real name. I knew Bella was a fake name. 

Aiden grinned at me. "We finally have a name for your mystery girl." 

Mia. 

Mia.

Mia. 

I kept chanting her name in my  head, almost like it was a melody imprinting itself into my memories. 

I remembered the wickedly beautiful face I saw in the locker room and grinned widely. Her name matched her so well. 

"Damn, chill with the attitude. I didn't do shit to you." 

The cousin sighed loudly. "I know. I'm sorry. I'm just so sick and tired of this mission already. We can't even complete it because we still haven't found anything on Ace and his members to report yet and it's starting to frustrate me."