{4}

MIA

"This isn't fair." I yawned out. Mr. Black called Tori and me early this morning and told us he needed to speak to us in his office.

Obviously, both Tori and I had to get up while Stella and Levy got to have their beauty sleep.

We walked to his office side by side, and I had been complaining the whole time.

Tori's frown deepened as she looked at me. "What's confusing me is why just the two of us."

Mr. Black usually never independently calls us. Instead, he would call for the whole team. So whatever we're being called for must do with Tori and I alone.

"Did we do something wrong?" I gulped and gave Tori an uneasy look.

"I don't know." She shrugged.

I thought hard about everything I could've done wrong during the last few months until I remembered something.

"Wait, what happened about him locking himself in his office and not wanting to see anyone?"

Tori dragged her hand through her hair in irritation, making it look messy. "I really couldn't tell you, Mia. Whatever he wants must be more important."

Now, I was even more nervous.

We stopped in front of his secretary's desk, and she glanced up at us, then pulled out her office telephone and dialed Mr Black.

"Tori and Mia are here."

She nodded at whatever he said and replied, "Yes, sir." Before hanging up.

"You may go in."

This was a thing now; the secretary had to inform Mr Black about everyone and see if he allowed them to enter or not. The only people who didn't have to wait for permission to enter were Kevin and Damon. After all, they were his nephews who would eventually run this place after him.

I lightly knocked on the door before entering, with Tori following behind me.

Mr Black was sitting on his spinner chair behind his fancy desk. He looked tired, with black circles under his eyes and messy hair. His tie was loose around his neck, and the first few buttons of his button-up shirt were open, revealing some of his smooth golden bronze skin.

A bottle of vodka and a half-empty cup were placed next to him on the desk. Wasn't it way too early for him to be drinking? Especially strong liquor.

"You needed to speak to us?" I nervously asked.

"Sit." He said, his voice tired but very authoritative.

Tori and I quickly sat on the leather chairs across from each other.

He pulled a remote from one of his drawers and pressed a button. The colossal window wall behind him was suddenly covered with a vast screen that slowly emerged from the ceiling.

He looked back at us and rested his elbows on the desk, leaning forward.

"I have a mission for you two, a secret mission. Meaning no one can know about it."

Tori and I looked at one another, mirroring the same look of confusion.

Why are only Tori and I getting this mission? We usually work in groups. And why was it a secret? Why couldn't we tell anyone?

"I understand how confusing this seems, so I will explain."

He took two files from his drawer and set them in front of us. "This mission requires teenagers, and you are two of our best teenage spies."