{32}

MIA

I knocked on the door and waited a second for Ace to open it. He glanced at me then turned his icy eyes to Tori, who I was sure was glaring at him because he broke out into a mischievous grin. 

"A follower to the end I see." 

"Shut up." Tori snapped. "I'm only doing this for Mia." 

"How noble." He replied snidely. "Come on. Let's get you settled in." 

Again, Ace led both of us upstairs and assigned the room next to mine to Tori. 

"You two aren't allowed to leave the house without my approval, and if you do then at least one of my men will accompany you." 

I crossed my arms while Tori rolled her eyes. 

"Your not serious, are you?" 

"Does it look like I'm kidding?" He said without a hint of humor, his face stoic. 

I wanted to argue, but I held my tongue. 

"Obviously things have now changed, so you're free to roam the house and the grounds. Also, little Siren, if you want or need anything then just tell Mika to call for me." 

I didn't miss the fact that he directed that only to me, as if he was dismissing Tori and her needs.

"I have work to get back to, but I'll be back."

With that, he turned on his heel and marched out the room. 

I turned to look at Tori who raised a brow at me. "Little Siren?" 

I sighed. "Don't even start." 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I laid on the bed, stirring as I begged for sleep to consume me, but I had too many thoughts in my head. 

The room was dark, only lit by the moonlight seeping in through the curtains. The sound of rain pounding on the window was like a relaxing lullaby, but nothing worked so I threw the covers off me and sat up. 

I looked over at Tori's sleeping figure right next to me. She breathed softly and didn't stir once. Unlike my overthinking ass. 

She decided that she would rather share a bed with me tonight than sleep alone, something that I was grateful for because I needed her presence just as much as she needed mine. 

Having her here with me made everything more bearable. It felt like I hadn't seen her in years so just looking at her made my heart flutter with relief. 

We'd both showered earlier in my new shower that could probably fit five people and scrubbed each others backs while talking about everything that has occurred in our time spent apart. 

After, we went to bed and she fell asleep on the incredibly soft mattress right away while I couldn't even keep my eyes closed for more than ten seconds. 

I was too busy thinking about how to deal with this situation I got myself in. 

I decided on going back to HEX after finishing up my business with Ace. Even though I promised to stick with him, my stay had an expiration date.

I'm sure Ace knew that Id only be sticking around until he'd served his purpose. He probably would be trying to imprison us again, but this time, we're not going to fall into his trap. 

Even though I wouldn't have a reason to go back to HEX, my life revolved around it and it was the only place left where I'd fit in. 

The Agents there were my family so I'd still return to them no matter what. I'd live the rest of my life as one of them.