{15}

Mia

"Can I ask you something?" Tori asked as we made our way to the office.

We were instructed by our first hour teacher to go there after class to receive our official Academy pins.

Every student had one they needed to wear with their uniform. Apparently they were hand made from Italy and it takes a few weeks to arrive.

They always gave them to the students on the first day of school but since Tori and I suddenly transferred here in the middle of the school year, ours took longer to arrive.

"No." I simply answered. I already knew what she wanted to ask me. She wanted to know if Ace was hotter up close.

"Well I'm going to ask anyways. Is he even hotter up close?" I rolled my eyes at her expected question. I knew my best friend and how her brain worked.

Ace has been in my class for a whole week now. He remained seated in the desk next to me and never did anything other then do the assignments given to us.

I haven't heard him say a word once in class. Not even to answer any of the teacher's questions, so now she just avoided asking him anything.

I knew Tori wasn't going to stop until I answered her question truthfully, so I did. "Yes. Are you happy now?"

"Extremely. How lucky are you that you get to sit right next to him." She grinned.

I chuckled and shook my head as she kept rambling on about how she would love to be in my shoes.

"Seriously, I bet he smells good too."

I laughed and smacked her arm. "Would you stop being weird. He's our enemy."

"That may be true, but the fact that he looks like God personally spent hours sculpting him just gets a girl excited." She said as she rubbed the spot I hit.

I didn't voice it, but I whole heartedly agreed with her. I'd caught myself admiring him more times then Id like to admit.

It's like he was solely made to bless every female who caught sight of him.

"You really need to find yourself a boyfriend." I declared as we turned a corner.

This time it was her turn to laugh. "Your one to talk. You've got more than half the male population at the agency drooling over you. Where would I find a guy who would want me when I have the hottest bitch on the planet as my best friend."

I rolled my eyes at her again. "You act like you don't have a long ass line of admirers begging for your attention. It's not my fault that your standards are sky high."

She pushed up her glasses and scuffed. "If I myself am close to perfection then why would I lower my standards for any man who isn't at my level or higher."

I covered my laugh with a fake cough as she turned to glare at me. Tori was many things but insecure wasn't one of them. She knew her self-worth and that was something I always admired about her.

She was beautiful, sexy, and strong. She knew she could leave a room full of males gaping and thirsty for her, so why would she just settle for any man.

"Your so full of yourself." I said as we neared the glass doors that led to the office.

"It's true and you know it."

I laughed but quickly quieted down once Tori retched the doors open and walked in ahead of me.

The office lady turned her attention from the computer to us when she noticed us approach her desk.