𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓. 16

"𝑺𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥*✧・゚:。*✧・゚: 。:✧。・:*˚:✧· ͟͟͞͞➳❥˚₊

𝒀/𝑵'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:

I was in the hallway of the boys' dormitory when I looked outside of the window and saw Xavier running up the stairs to the Dormitory building. I touched the ground with one of my hands making a string key with the carpet in front of his dorm. I moved the carpet make shifted the key into the lock as it fit perfectly into place.

I opened the form door being met with the smell of birch woods and a hint of almond. As I rushed into his dorm closing the door behind me and locking it back. I looked around his dorm seeing everything in neat placement. His dorm had a cozy and artistic feel. His dorm was filled with his scent no longer holding Rowan's scent anymore from his absence. Xavier's side of the dorm had his items scattered in perfect placement. On the other hand, Rowan's side of the room was left plain leaving it looking empty and void. Since all of his stuff was packed away and taken with his 'clone' or who we call Weems.

The lights in his room were already on. The room was light and the sun
In other places. He had paintings and drawings with warm colors hung up around his side of the dorm wall also pictures of friends and people hung up as well. I didn't have enough time to look around as Xavier's footsteps could be heard down the hall.

I hurriedly went underneath his bed and hid there to not get caught by Xavier. Underneath Xavier's bed were a few crumbled-up or balled-up drawings of things he 'messed up' on. A loud bell clinked a couple of times in the background outside which could be heard in the dormitories.

Xavier's dorm door opened and he came in going straight to his bed snatching up a pair of grey sweatpants from his bed as he set his phone down and went into his bathroom which was connected to the bathroom. I got off from underneath the bed letting Thing out of my pocket.

"That purple book must be somewhere around his room. We need to hurry." I whispered to Thing from the inside of my dress jacket pocket.

Me and Thing started searching Xavier's room quietly and putting the stuff back into place after moving it. I went over to his desk seeing a lamp, sketchbook, binders for classes, and a few books for studying and just reading. I started looking through his sketchbook seeing drawings of a gargoyle, spider, and more. As I kept on flipping through the pages I came across a very close and realistic drawing of myself in black and white. I pulled my phone from my pocket taking a picture of the drawing.

I looked from the closet connected to the bathroom to the dorm room. After making sure Xavier isn't going to come in I go switch the lights off. Thing crawled up my shoulder handing me a LED UV flashlight. I flicked the flashlight on looking at Rowan's sheetless bed. I crouched down beneath Rowan's bed after not seeing anything. Underneath his bed was nothing but dust and lint.