Chapter 89 - Acceleration (5)

Start from the beginning

-Thunk!

Immediately, CEO Choi Sung-gun also stepped out from the passenger side. Turning to Jang Su-hwan and Han Ye-jung inside the car, he said,

“It might take a while, so you two go and have dinner.”

“Understood!”

“Contact us when you’re about to finish, and we’ll come.”

As the van smoothly exited the parking lot, Choi Sung-gun patted Woojin’s shoulder.

“Let’s go.”

“Yes.”

Woojin was dressed in a white shirt and jeans, but he had a full face of makeup on, probably from a photo shoot earlier in the day. Anyway, he put on a black mask and moved with Choi Sung-gun to the elevator.

His steps were calm, and the atmosphere was heavier than usual.

However, internally, he was thinking:

‘I’m craving pork feet with soju. And cold buckwheat noodles. The ‘Drug Dealer’ shooting is over; I’ll treat myself to pork feet when I get home. Wonder what time we’ll finish?’

He was thinking about a hearty late-night snack. Recently, Woojin had been dieting for the ‘Drug Dealer’ shoot, and with its conclusion, he had some leeway. Soon, as he entered the elevator, Woojin swallowed his saliva.

At that moment.

“Woojin.”

Leaning his shoulder against the elevator mirror, Choi Sung-gun asked a question.

“Aren’t you nervous?”

Choi Sung-gun’s face showed slight tension.

“We’re about to meet Director Kyotaro and Author Akari. Aren’t you too calm? They’re big shots. You met Director Kyotaro once, but Author Akari is a world-class artist.”

In response to Choi Sung-gun’s ramblings, Woojin replied succinctly.

“Not really. I feel okay.”

It was genuine. Woojin wasn’t feeling particularly nervous, genuinely. Why?

‘It’s just like meeting a Japanese ‘ajumma.’ (TL: Middle-aged woman or Aunt)

To Akari’s fans around the world, this would be a heart-pounding moment, but Woojin thought:

‘Not to me.’

Instead, Woojin was more interested in the upscale hotel, as it was his first time in such a lavish place. Choi Sung-gun chuckled, observing Woojin.

“You really are something. You should have become a celebrity long ago.”

At that moment, the elevator doors opened to the floor with the suites, and as Woojin and Choi Sung-gun exited the elevator, a few men approached to greet them.

“Hello, we’ve been waiting for you.”

Men in suits. They were agency employees, and under their guidance, Woojin entered the suite. The moment he saw the interior, Kang Woojin almost lost his composure. He barely held back an exclamation.

‘Woah- Is this for real?’

The suite was indeed astonishing. It was not only spacious, but from the floor to the ceiling, the furniture, and everything else, it simply felt like a palace. And then, from the central sofa, he heard Japanese being spoken.

“Are you here? This way.”

It was Director Kyotaro with his graying hair. And next to him stood a middle-aged woman with glasses perched on her nose. As soon as Woojin saw her, he had an inkling.