Chapter 129: Prince Rui's Neighbour

Start from the beginning

Ever since Shen Gui knew that he would not have any offspring, he had no mood to progress forward with his career since there was no one to carry on his ancestral line, so what was the point of fighting for mountains of gold and silver. He now only spend his days drinking and philandering around.

Since it was no longer possible for the Second household to have any children, Old Shen Furen had to turn her eyes towards the Third household, Shen Wan. He had not taken any medication to end offspring, but since Chen Rou Qiu was able to control Shen Wan's heart, even when Old Shen Furen sent two TongFang to Shen Wan, they were only decorative items in the third household.

Old Shen Furen said, "Not only the one managing the household is muddle headed, to even say that she was an unmarried daughter of a noble and scholarly house. One do not know where did she learn such habits of the small insignificant families. Not willing to help one's husband to branch out his offspring, and only know those vixen moves so that the Third household do not have any Di son at all. Really do not know what intention there is."

Zhang MaMa smiled, "Old Furen need not be angry. The Third Master currently do not know the advantage of having other young ladies. Third Master has deep affections, After a few days, the young ladies that were bought will arrive, and those two that Old Furen sent over are all at the age where they are delicate as a flower and refined as precious jade, naturally Third Master would discover the beauty of them."

Old Shen Furen had sent people to the Yang province to buy rackabones (aka young ladies). For Shen Wan's kind of people, beauty along would not be enough to win over his heart. Chen Rou Qiu also relied on her idyllic appeal in poetry and painting for Shen Wan to look at her differently. Those rackabones from the Yang province were all trained since young, thus they were knowledgeable with the four scholarly arts and they had rather good looks, so there was no men that would not like them. Old Shen Furen did not believe that Shen Wan, as a man, would not be greedy for fresher meat since no matter how good Chen Rou Qiu was, she was already older.

"Each one is all inciting my anger." Old Shen Furen said in displeasure, "Even Yue-er also do not know why, but she learned from her mother and have been so superior in her state of mind. I already went to look for so many families for her, and each one were all rich and honourable, but she unexpectedly was not even a tiny interested in any. Could it be that she want to marry to a Prince?"

Zhang MaMa frowned as Old Shen Furen's habit of shooting one's mouth off, was the one thing that had never changed. She smiled obsequiously, "Second Young Lady is born good looking, so one fear that Third Master has the decision in his heart to keep Second Young Lady for a good family."

"Keeping here and there would at the end, keeping an enmity." Old Shen Furen scoffed, "Just look on. I want to see what kind of marriage can Number Three's family give Yue-er."

In Qiu Shui Yuan, Chen Rou Qiu massaged her forehead.

Her personal maid Shi Qing said, "Furen, this servant went to Rong Jing Tang to inquire, and Old Furen indeed went to get a few rackabones for Third Master, and they would be sent to the residence in a few days' time. Furen, Old Furen is slapping your face with this."

Chen Rou Qiu closed her eyes and brushed all the books on the table violently to the floor. The crackling and rattling sound shocked the entire room, and no one dared to say a single word.

Even though Chen Rou Qiu, like before, was still gentle and considerate in front of Shen Wan, but the servant clearly felt that this Third Furen, Chen Rou Qiu's temperament became much more violent in the past two years. Most likely because of the management of the common fund, one would need to pacify the money arrangements of the different households, and also due to Old Shen Furen's extravagance, Chen Rou Qiu had to use her own money to subsidise. In the past she placed herself above the common populace, naturally one was able to cultivate one's moral character but now one was ridden with ordinary affairs, making one felt that everyday was a mess.