Chapter 123: Returning To The Capital

Start from the beginning

"What is this Yan Qing Lane?" Luo Tan asked.

"Yan Qing Lane is the most expensive piece of land in the capital." Shen Qiu explained, "It is an excellent place that even the relatives of the Imperial family cannot stay. Even if those Princes move out of the Palace to set up their residences, would not be able to stay there. Only the first Nation's Granduncle stayed at the Yan Qing Lane for a period of time."

Luo Tan was first surprised, "That Yan Qing Lane is actually so expensive." Then she was somewhat disappointed, "But if it is so expensive then we will not be able to afford to buy a residence there."

When the waiter heard this, he was first surprised before looking carefully at Luo Tan. Not mentioning about buying a residence in the Yan Qing Lane, even residing there for a few days was considered as rare as an unicorn's horn or phoenix feathers. Seeing Luo Tan's manner of speaking, the waiter almost suspected that he had misjudged them, as these entourage was full of only country bumpkins that would be entering the capital for the first time.

"It is alright." Shen Miao said, "Next to the Yan Qing Lane there is a street that is adjacent to restaurants and outside the lane. The price is not that expensive and one can always afford it. Since it is not far from the Yan Qing Lane, it is not a bad alternative."

When those words were spoken, the waiter was surprised for a moment before subconsciously saying, "This lady spoke correctly, it is indeed so."

"Jiao Jiao also want to watch the bustle?" Shen Xin asked. Naturally Shen Miao was not one who liked to get in on the action but with her words today, it seemed that she had some interest.

"Felt that it is somewhat refreshing." Shen Miao smiled.

"Good, good." Luo Tan eyes shimmered as she looked at Shen Miao, "Biao Youngest Sister, you are the best!" She thought that Shen Miao deliberately said it for her, and was very grateful of Shen Miao in her heart.

Shen Miao looked up and towards the waiter, "The people from the Qing country and the Great Liang have come?"

Since the beginning, the waiter's eyes did not left off from this Young Lady who looked like the youngest. He had felt that when she sit there, even the chairs became golden-bright and dazzling. Hearing Shen Miao speak, he immediately replied respectfully, "Yes. The Ming Qi's tribute will start in a few days' time, the thus Qin country and the Great Liang had sent over people to give their congratulations. These people are arranged to reside in the Yan Qing Lane."

"Who did the Qin country and the Great Liang sent over?" Shen Miao asked.

The waiter scratched his head, "His Highness the Crown Prince and Princess Ming An from the Qin country and from the Great Liang, the younger blood brother of Emperor Yong Le, His Highness Prince Rui."

Shen Miao's eyes hang down, "Many thanks."

After that waiter left, Luo Ling asked, "Does Biao Younger Sister have any thoughts on the people from the Qin country and the Great Liang?"

Shen Miao smiled, "Nothing, just felt a little strange."

Luo Tan beamed, "No matter what, we will reach the Ding capital tomorrow and can also take a look at the hustle and bustle."

*****

In the Palace in the Ding capital, in the chambers of the Emperor, the thick medicine smell filled the entire sleeping chambers, and the incense in the burner made one's heart heavy and melancholic.

On the dragon bedchambers, Emperor Wen Hui laid on the couch with both eyes half closed. The beauty clad in noble clothes beside was gently moving, scooping spoonful of medicine into his mouth. This was not anyone else but Consort Dong Shu.