Chapter 115: Military Power Taken Away

Start from the beginning

Shen Miao coldly looked at those fierce solders and smiled when she heard it. The first time she was truly blind and was labelled as the 'idiot who fell in love with Prince Ding' and that name was really extremely disgusting.

Seeing Shen Miao not speaking, Shen Yue thought that she had no words to report and in an instant her eyes were proud but she stood there without saying anything. After Old Shen Furen determined that Shen Xin would not implicate herself, she then settled her heart and put on an attitude of a matriarch and angrily scolded, "How did the Oldest one do such a thing and turn back on the Monarch and our Shen family generations of loyalty. If the General was here, this would be a total loss of reputation and face, he would not even look at the Oldest one devastating the reputation of the Shen family."

When Shen Miao heard that, her heart was moved and she looked at Old Shen Furen, "What is Grandmother saying? Father is also a member of the Shen family and the Shen family is connected to Father as one. How could one not bother about Father now when Grandmother said that for the Shen family to gain such a son, it is the good fortune of the Shen family when Father was bestowed rewards from His Majesty. Words spoken were like spilt water, Grandmother had forgotten about it again."

When the crowd of commoners heard it, their eyes quickly looked towards Old Shen Furen.

Old Shen Furen did not say such stuff when the Formidable Great General military exploits were outstanding and when His Majesty gave bestowments. Originally a family so all glory and loss should be shared. How was that this Old Shen Furen was one that could share fortune but not hardship? Once seeing others going through a misfortune, she could not wait to draw the relationship cleanly.

When Old Shen Furen realised the gaze of the people were hostile, she became angry but did not know how to continue her words and could only look at Chen Rou Qiu.

Shen Gui and Shen Wan had went to court and the only one who could hold the fort was Chen Rou Qiu. Chen Rou Qiu smiled, "Fifth Daughter, how could Old Furen mean what you said. Old Furen is only angry. You also know that our Shen family has always been living honestly and how would one lie to the Monarch. If the late Old General was aware of it, he will also blame your father. After your Father did such a thing, how would the Shen family carry on in the future."

When Old Shen Furen saw Chen Rou Qiu helping, her steps got firm and found Chen Rou Qiu more pleasing to the eyes. She nodded, "Correct. Your Father made a mistake and still don't allow others to speak about it?"

Shen Dong Ling and Wan YiNiang stood at the side. Naturally they had no power to speak anything and could only watch on quietly, not speaking.

Shen Miao said, "So speaking as such, can it be that Grandmother want to draw a clear line between my Father and expel my Father out of the family before letting the matter drop."

As soon as she said that, Chen Rou Qiu's heart dropped but she did not have time to stop when she saw Old Shen Furen's eyes brightened and spoke with indignation, "Such a unscrupulous descendant, naturally should be expelled from the Shen family."

"Grandmother is really that heartless. My Father is current still behind bars and Grandmother did not even help." Shen Miao's eyes hang down.

Seeing Shen Miao lowered head and weak appearance, Old Shen Furen suddenly felt happy. Previously one was pressured by the Eldest household and everything was not smooth thus the uncomfortable feeling in one's heart was swept away at the moment. The happier she was the more her voice had a tone of righteous, "The Shen family are virtuous and loyal for generations and this old one will rather carry the reputation of heartless and make a decision of Old Master. This kind of person cannot enter our Shen family's ancestor hall. From today onwards, Shen Xin family is expelled from the Shen family."