Chapter 103: Female Charms

Start from the beginning

Luo Xue Yan had also asked before, "When did Jiao Jiao learn so many recipes? Could it be that there is an interest in cooking?"

Shen Miao vaguely responded to this. She was not the kind of woman who was willing to personally boil soup but in her previous life, in order to please many people, she lowered herself to learn recipes from the kitchens of noble families. But no matter how good she was, the person who received it would not be moved. But now it was different. Shen Miao shook her head. This was most likely treating a person well and was different from treating a beast well. Some people knew how to be grateful but some people would only bite the hands that feeds.

Bai Lu picked up the paper in which Shen Miao wrote to dry, and got up to send it over to the kitchens. Now that the Western courtyard no longer eat with the Eastern courtyard, a small kitchen was set up. This kind of actions obviously indicated that they did not trust the Eastern courtyard.

"One heard that Biao Young Master quarrelled with Old Furen again today." Jing Zhe helped Shen Miao to clean up the paper and ink on the table and said, "It seems that the Jing family is on the way over and Old Furen see that the matter cannot be dragged on and got anxious."

"What can be said was already said." Shen Miao picked up the teacup to take a sip, "Biao Older Brother is a smart person and one cannot just let others take advantage for nothing."

"Biao Young Master is also really ruthless." Gu Yu also spoke, "Now he would threaten to report to the authorities all day. One obviously know that Second Young Master just returned back to the capital so if one truly report to the authorities, Second Young Master's prospects would end. This servant sees that this time Second Young Master would need to marry Biao Young Lady. And this is all thanks to Old Furen's solemn compliance to Old Master's family teachings." When she spoke to the end, her voice could not help but float high up even though she had restrained the joy in her heart.

Old Shen Furen's conduct made one nauseated and now that she lifted a rock and smashed her own foot, how could it not make others happy?

"But..." Jing Zhe asked, "What good is there for Biao Young Lady to rack her brains for schemes to marry to Second Young Master? She had an acrimonious falling-out with Old Furen and Second Young Master will not be happy at all so even if she marry into the residence, she will not be loved. Is not Biao Young Lady finding trouble for herself?"

Shen Miao smiled gently, "Jing Chu Chu does not want to marry a person but money. Since it is so, then what is the difference between like or love?" In the previous life Jing Chu Chu married Shen Qiu and Shen Qiu treated her well but at the end, she still harmed Shen Qiu to such a state. For Jing Chu Chu's perspective, as long she could climb higher, it would not matter who the partner was.

"Speaking of which," Gu Yu pursed her lips, "Biao Young Lady wanted to harm Eldest Young Master but now she will marry in perfectly well. This truly made one feel unhappy. Since this matter originated from her, why do the evil-doers not have bad endings?"

Shen Miao opened the window and looked out, "Do you think that this is the end?"

Gu Yu's eyes brightened, "Young Lady still left a hand?" After being with Shen Miao for a period of time, Gu Yu had more knowledge of Shen Miao's means and was no longer surprised by them. If it was in the past, she would be surprised of Shen Miao's viciousness and coolness but after experiencing each and every single matter, one did not have any good feelings of the other two households in the Shen residence at all. All that pity and compassion had long flown away.

"It is just the beginning for them to be forced to suffer in silence." Shen Miao said, "Jing Chu Chu schemed against Eldest Brother first. Does she think that she could escape?"