Chapter 95: Two persons in Solitude

Start from the beginning

"The wound is somewhat deep." Xie Jing Xing scrutinised it and said with a frown, "Why did you not say it before?"

"I did not think that you will be this good hearted." Shen Miao said. She really did not think that Xie Jing Xing would be so kind hearted to apply medication for her. With their relationship as it was, it was considered as very thankful for Xie Jing Xing to have saved her life today. Such a profound thinking person was not one who was good, thus Shen Miao was unable to think of any reason for Xie Jing Xing to save her. That was why she was thinking to only deal with the leg injury when she get back to the Shen residence.

Xie Jing Xing got up and picked up the teapot from the side table, and poured out all the water inside before stretching his hand out of the boat to fill up a pot of water to boil at the furnace. He said, "Indeed I am not that good hearted but seeing that you have loyalty, one will be a good person." Speaking till here, he raised his head and looked towards Shen Miao before saying, "People always said that Shen Xin is loyal and righteous, one did not expect that a little girl of the Shen family also understood loyalty and righteousness. Many thanks for not selling me out."

He was half joking and half serious and Shen Miao did not explain that he had misunderstood it. At that time in such a situation, if one were to immediately say that the person in the secret chambers was Xie Jing Xing, then the two persons would immediately kill her. Who did not know about the stratagem of delaying the enemy, but since Xie Jing Xing thought that she did not say it due to loyalty and to make Xie Jing Xing felt that he owed her a personal favour, what was there against it? Thus Shen Miao did not intended to clarify the misunderstanding.

However, as Shen Miao thought with her head bowed, even if she had truly sold Xie Jing Xing out, with Xie Jing Xing's ability, he could still retreat unscathed. Just now she had clearly heard that that two persons definitely had comrades around the vicinity, but now there was no movements at all. One could imagine whose hands had made it possible.

After a brief silence, the water in the pot started to boil. Xie Jing Xing tore a piece of cloth from the robe and soaked it with some hot water, and with one hand holding Shen Miao's calf on his knee, his other hand was wiping the blood stains around the wound.

Shen Miao's leg was almost in Xie Jing Xing's embrace and was able to touch his ice cold lapel. The material was also cold and stiff as if it was his cold heart under the frivolous appearance. Shen Miao felt some discomfort and turned her head aside and her toes could not help but curled up. In the previous life, other than with Fu Xiu Yi, she had never been this close interacting with other males. Even with Fu Xiu Yi, upon recollection, there was more reservations as most of the time Fu Xiu Yi only left a 'sovereign' image with her, thus there was almost no males that she met during her youthful days.

Feeling that it was somewhat quiet, Shen Miao found a topic of conversation and asked, "Who were those people?

The 'those people' she was referring to were naturally the skinny tall one and his entourage. Even after hearing this, Xie Jing Xing did not say anything and after he wiped the dirty blood of her calf, he sprinkled the medicine powder and took out a handkerchief to bandage it for her. When he was doing all this, he had his head down and was very serious. His actions were also very proficient, as if bandaging a wound was a simple and familiar matter to him. The light in the boat was flickering and the lanterns in the Wan Li Lake shone brightly on his face. The youth's handsome brows were so incredible that with such a lustrous short period, made one have a gentle illusion.

Even Shen Miao could not help but be slightly stumped for words. However this gentle illusion did not last very long as Xie Jing Xing put her leg down, and suddenly his hands were at Shen Miao's side as he approached bullying. His face was so close in proximity and the peach shaped eyes were as if they were intoxicated as they looked over in a faint smile. It was clearly a casual move but was so forceful that it made one feel breathless.