Chapter 91: The Death of Shen Qing

Start from the beginning

When she was in the prison, all the jewellery were almost plundered away. This bracelet was something Ren Wan Yun put it on her hand during the day of marriage and was very precious. Shen Qing had some selfish motives and had not brought it out all this time but thinking that she was forced without any way out, she is then finally bringing this bracelet out.

When the warden saw the bracelet, his eyes brightened and seized the bracelet to carefully look at it in the light. Seeing its good colour, there was a bit of a smile on his face as he said, "Since you say so, I will then help you. But it is a good thing if your Older Brother come to see you, why do you push him out?"

Shen Qing reluctantly laughed and said, "Because I have caused trouble for the residence and felt very apologetic thus unable to face them."

The warden nodded his head but there was contempt in his gaze. If one was such a self-respected female like that, how would one commit adultery behind the family's back and even getting pregnant before marriage. Now to say that one was very apologetic and unable to face others, it was really putting on an act. But after taking one's bracelet, the warden had no reason to refuse so he complied with the matter and left.

After waiting for the warden to leave, Shen Qing then squatted down and helplessly held her shoulders and buried her head into her knees. Nowadays she often did this action as she did not know if what she did was correct or wrong, and also did not know where the road ahead was and could only not look or think, as if when she opened her eyes again, she could return to being the previously unrestrained Shen family Eldest Young Lady.

She sleep drowsily for an unknown period of time, until she heard someone tapping on the metal railing, she then looked up still in a daze.

The swaying lights reflected a familiar face. If it was in the past, seeing this face would make her happy but after Shen Miao spoke those words, Shen Qing was so scared when she saw this face again that she fell onto the ground as she looked panicky at the person in front.

Shen Yuan said, "Is Younger Sister doing well?"

"Second Older Brother, why are you here?" Shen Qing asked as she took a step back quietly.

When Shen Yuan saw her movements, his brows slightly frowned but he did not say anything as he took a key out from his sleeve and opened the cell door. When Shen Qing saw his actions, she was surprised for a moment before happiness appeared on her face and she stood up suddenly, "Second Older Brother, you are here to save me?"

Shen Yuan shook his head, "Temporarily unable to rescue you." He took out a pack of snacks from his arms and handed it to Shen Qing, "Came over to take a look at you and give you something to eat."

Shen Qing was somewhat disappointed. Shen Yuan had walked in and seemingly felt that the prison was somewhat dirty as he had some traces of a disgusted expression on. When Shen Qing saw that, she felt somewhat sad. She subconsciously opened the oiled paper bag that Shen Yuan handed over and in the oiled paper bag, the snacks smelled savoury and were still warm. It was her favourite chestnut cake.

"You have suffered these few days." Shen Yuan said in a rare gentle way, "Knew that you loved eating this the most so one brought it for you to eat to one's heart's content."

Shen Qing's nose turned sour and her tears almost fell. These days she had been eating stale food and did not even eat till one's fill. She lived every day in a state of apprehension and now to see the sights of the things she once loved and that Shen Yuan was exactly right beside her, all the grievances that she felt all poured out.

"Do not cry. After eating and after waiting for a few more days, I will rescue you out of here." Shen Yuan gently consoled.

Shen Qing looked somewhat in a sorry state as she took a piece of cake to her mouth. Taking a glimpse at Shen Yuan's gentle smile, her hand suddenly trembled as if a bucket of iced water was poured over her head. Incomprehensibly, Shen Miao's words in the afternoon echoed by her ears.