Chapter 28: The Birth of Exahelm's Guardian

Start from the beginning

"H-humans?" Hahlos raised an eyebrow.

Izanagi scratched his forehead with one finger. "Right, you call them 'land-walkers'..." He chuckles. "You've heard all the stories about them, right?" He wondered.

Hahlos nods. "Yeah...but I assumed they were just rumors..." He admits.

"It's true that not all humans are bad, I'm sure those villagers were the proof of that." The god corrects. "However...with magic being normal down there despite the countless atrocities and cults they deal with, their complacent behavior makes them not worth interacting with."

Hahlos lowers his head. Izanagi proceeds to stand up and walk over to the boy. He proceeds to snatch his ticket which caught the boy off guard.

"Tell ya what. How about I give you an offer of a lifetime." Izanagi smirks as he crumples the ticket. "You saw and understood the nature of humans and came back alive. You have something special dwelling inside you." He leans in. "Work for me, and become Exahelm's new guardian. That future seeing ability would prove extremely useful in maintaining the world peace we have up here." He offered.

Hahlos reeled back and widened his eyes. He had been studying to become a Tenhei for years, and now he was being given the chance to become one despite his crimes. "B-but I thought you detest magic..."

Izanagi leaned back and stood straight. "I detest the idea of anyone being able to use it. A world where power is needed to survive is not fit for my kind of world. I'll teach you ways to maintain your magic and use it not for power, but to protect." He corrects.

The god walked over to his window as he swung the blinds to the side, the bright light blinding the boy for a brief moment. Once his vision returned to normal, his eyes widened as the landscape of the entire country as the sun shines brightly above it.

"This is the world I've desired and wanted to maintain for so long! Do you agree with me, boy?" Burst Izanagi, offering his hand. "If you become a Tenhei, an incident like today would never happen again! Will you stand beside me in order to maintain world peace!?" He offered loudly.

Hahlos was stunned at the god's cheerful attitude and motivation. He looked down again and clenched both fists. The fact that he couldn't save Carine pounded at his mind all day, when he could've been able to. He made up his mind right away.

"I'll do it. I'll stand beside you, master Izanagi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Year X778

It has been 3 years since that fateful day for Hahlos. Ever since then, he had been staying in Exahelm castle to hone the power dwelling inside him in order to become Exahelm's guardian. Over the course of those years, the now 18 year old had been taught how to harness the newly Heavenly Body Magic he acquired as well as learning new Wind Magic. He had only used said power to maintain the peace in the country in the sky.

The civilians began to recognize the green haired angel to the point where he became a celebrity, for better or for worse. With every rubble he stopped from crushing an angel, there was a civilian put under arrest under his order for magic usage. And due to his overwhelming power and Clairvoyance, no one would be able to fight back.

A couple weeks ago, a strange phenomenon occurred. Eggs suddenly popping up from beneath the clouds. The eggs began hatching into strange small furry creatures with wings. Many angels would take them in to care and nurture these creatures. Izanagi allowed them to roam their home as long as they avoided the castle due to an incident where the god began to feel sick and sneezed a ton after being near one.

As time went on, things began to return to the usual status quo in Exahelm. Until one afternoon that is.

"Looks like there's a protest down there." Izanagi noticed, glancing outside a hallway window. At the front entrance of the castle stood several civilians pushing and shouting as soldiers tried to hold them off.