Chapter 23

Third person POV

Carl Locked the front door as She entered the house, the joy to Move freely again. In Peace without worrying about Zombies as the Livers Compound called the undead. Night as  fallen and there was snow Storm, She had sat on a tree to watch the stars after they had dinner earlier "hmm" Carl chuckled who would believe she had Corn and Pea, salad and Mustard along with chicken wing in an apocalypse except the Livers Compound of course. The Moonlight shown through the window, the Compound doesn't use electricity since there's no fuel and the power plant Isn't anywhere near. she removed her snow Soaked shoe, her hair which was growing bangs fell in her face, she hadn't notice that the hair that never grow as long as reaching past her neck was touching her shoulder. Carl Quietly made her way to her designated room but stopped at the Second door that was slightly open, the med room, Doc injectes a syringe into Jamaica's arm and a drip iv  was hanging by the bed, this act surprise Carl, they do not have Medical Supply apart from herbs where did Doc got it and for all she knows he could be hurting her Jammie, Carl pushed the door open and Doc whose back was  facing her tense up, he turned Slowly when he saw it was Just Carl, he loosen up and sighed "what are you doing?" Carl demanded "it's late, you should be in bed,other kids are asleep" Doc said "well I am not other kids and what are you doing "she asked harshly, Doc sighed , cover Jamaica properly with cover sheet , he pulled Carl hand  gently and went out of the door " Listen kid, I know what I'm doing" Doc said "where did you get those Supplies" Carl asked Doc rub the bridge of his nose gently "from the traders" Doc replied "traders?is there a market here" Carl asked "no, they came from another compound bigger than ours, they are from far away and will leave tomorrow, I trade those supplies because your mom needs them , now go to bed" Doc said not waiting for anymore question.After some Minutes of Standing Carl went to hers.

          *************************
Carl sat on the wooden Chair and watch Cloe crawl  around, she only took cloe out of the house when it was time for Breakfast Lunch or dinner, any other time, the little girl spent sleeping her box, carl was deep in thought, what will happen when Jammie wakes up? will they hav to leave to find Jammie's old group or will they stay and live here peacefully forever without fighting lose undead? a lot of questions Pops On Carl Minds. Carl was brought back to reality when the living room door closed. She hadn't even noticed When Cloe crawled to the box and slept, How did she even do it herself? Carl wonder, she gave her Sister a kiss on forehead then gently close the box,Locking it and didn't Zip the bag, she came out of the house to see Doc going towards the leader house and Carl Stalk with,She had recalled Sebastian and how he didn't show a ounce of pity when the guards who found them at the gate week ago brought them in, he add Suggested to bury Jamaica whom he Pronounce dead to save their Precious resource Like he called but Doc had stopped him and said he'd checked Jammie, Jamaica had Pulse and Doc took her away for treatment, Carl ran after Doc who carried Jammie with the help of another Man because they were looking her with Pity and asking to take her in, which creeped har out. In front of Seb-sebestian Mansion, Some of the Community were Out Surrounding Some Strangers, Carl Counted seven Men and five women the Strangers were well dress and doesn't looks hungry.

Doc had join in the crowd and engage himself so Carl Moved forward, she put her hands In her Pullover to warm them, then She notice the trucks, Three horses were tied to a truck and another truck holding resources Connected to the first truck "Do  they Made the horse pull the trucks, how heartless" Carl Little Mind thought. Carl Move to a large table where the Strangers Put down the resources they want to trade, There was food, fruits, Vacuum cleaner, butcher knife, kettle, bed sheet, clothes, boot and Some weapons. Carl stopped by the boot, a red winter boot she admired It for a while before reaching Out for it but a hand held her back and she turned to the Man, who was about Jamaica's age and have few stumbles "Hey Micheal!" One of the Stranger Called the Stranger holding carl hand "I'm coming" Micheal replied Carl notice the neck tag he  was putting on the other stranger has it on too and on it, it's says New York Fort, Name: Micheal, Age: 23 "What do you want" Micheal asked carl bringing her back to reality. "The boot" Carl replied taking back her hand "Its a bigger size "Micheal Said "It's for My Mummy" "Carl replied Making Micheal went silence as he stare at Carl who was sluggishly looking at the ground with  her hand back in her Pocket "You will trade something for it" Micheal said Making Carl look up "I don't have anything" Carl replied "then someone else will trade for it" Micheal replied turning to go. Carl quickly grabbed his hand with her two little ones "please! please please! she really need this" Carl begged "there' nothing I can do kid "Micheal replied, Carl quickly start to think of Something Valuable enough as Micheal watch her. Suddenly, she slowly Zip down he Pullover around her neck, she removed the Locket on her neck, it was the Locket Jamaica removed from her undead Mother.  Carl found it on Jamaica when she was being treated. feeling the locket with her hands, her mind went back to when her mother was alive and the happy moments they spend together along with her Pa, she hold the Locket forward to Micheal "Please don't reject. this, It is My Most Valuable Item" She removed the little picture In the locket and stock it In her Pocket " This has valuable Memories and emotion, please accept it " Carl plead as tears Sting her eyes, Micheal collected the locket and couldn't help but think this little girl should be between the age of Elle and Cain and her eyes held so Much painful Stories, Carl already held her hands together in pleading Manner. Micheal kept his left hand Inside his Gucci Sweater pocket while he walked toward the red winter boot, he grabbed the two pair with his hand and handed it to Carl. Carl looked up Suprise that he giving was a  it to her "Have it kid" micheal said and Carl Collected the boot rubbing her tears as a  smile spread on her face, Micheal chuckled seeing the light lit up in the girls eyes "Thank you so much..." Carl said "Micheal" he introduced "Thank you So Much Micheal" Carl appreciated and Made to leave "wait"Micheal Stopped her Then brought out his left hand holding Carl's locket and handed it  to her, before any of them Could Say anything, Micheal was called by their trade group leader leaving Carl who was  happy at her luck, she got at a winter boot for Jamaica since her old one was wearing off and she got her Mothers Locket back. Carl turned to the direction of the house with a smile and sprinted to it.

Cain Sat on swing 8n the play ground watching Elle and Megan play together in the far end, if she was older than Elle, Elle was still her friends, they had been together in the apocalypse from the Start, they had went through all the hardship together, they had each others back, they had Practice their defence skills together but not anymore. Elle was with her parent and she looks with happy, It Make Cain thought of her own Parent in Albany and how they are doing, If only she could Contact them but one thing is, she doesn't like Megan and Vittore, they are bad parents, Elle Might be young to understand but She-cain  is twelve and know what is right and wrong, Mega and Vittore had abandon Elle and
Jamaica at the begining o the new world but Elle was blinded by her love for Mummy and daddy to understand. Cain wasn't a social butterfly, So Making friends with other people would be difficult except if She start attending school, yes, School, The new york fort a very large Military base has a school and arrange for children below 14, children above 14 Starts attending Survival training which cain was interested in but the authority can't allow that. From a far, she saw the large gate open and three horse gallop in with men on them along with two track, One of the group that works outside of the fence has arrive and Parked in the Traders garage Cain quickly climb down from the swing and ran towards then she had to see Michael. They were gone for a long time, Micheal found Cain first, the traders group were tired after they brought out the supplies from the as trucks, Some women came and took them to the store while the tired group all disperse, Cain ran into micheal arm who hugged her back, both of them smiling, It wasn't snowing much but Micheal could use a bath, they had bath days ago at the Livers fort but hadn't have any other opportunity, they both chat and laugh as they walk a Into the base, Micheal brought our candybar from his Sweater and Secretly handed it to Cain as a gift, he would give the other one to Elle, Candy bar is a big possession these days, he had been Lucky to find those ones when they looted a house and was smart enough about to go on be discreet about it. He told Cain to go on  while he showered before he meet the rest of the group. Micheal wasn't traumatized from fighting off some undead  during their journey and the traders were surprised, he thought  how could he when he Spent Months out there with his friend fighting for their lives, the More reason he joined the trade group knowing they work outside the fort and face danger was to build his Courage