Chapter five

Jamaica pov
When we arrived at the mansion, everyone was busy,Alex was teaching Cain some survival skills he learnt from his military father .
Michael took Jennifer to the wood for hunting to teach her how to use a gun,Max and Elena appeared from the laundry room,Elle ran to her room and locked the door "I  guess she didn't take that well" Alex said "it was terrifying" Clara added "I will go and give her a bath" she finished before leaving, I was still tense and all I need was a hot shower ,I'm sure Elle is mad at me but that isn't needed yet.Max came to the cushion and kissed me before pulling away, Michael and Jennifer entered "hey guys ". Michael greeted" how was the training "Elena asked as Jennifer slumped down the chair " she's getting it" Michael replied before tossing the gun on the centre table.
************************************
The city was in chaos, though not everyone has turned into a mutated human, some are still trapped in their home, those who tries to flee the city are met with badluck as the news of other city in same situation as ours ,the airport was filled with people but tragedy strikes when an  undead undead bit someone and it spread so technically the airport is now a death trap. Electricity and network is still running, the cops and military are at war with the undead but the mutant was gaining the upper hand since bullet doesn't work on them and no one has found a way.
***********************************
It's been a week  I have started taking Elle down street where there are less undead and today I have chosen Cain since Elle is getting over the shock of when face with a mutated human and what she was to do,surprisingly even though she was shaken Cain still gather her courage to save herself from becoming the meal of the undead.
***********************************
"The city is ruined, Life is gone" Alex said sitting on the couch .Its been a month since the outbreak and Alex managed to hack the city system with my Computer but all form of Humanity is gone ,the undead has taken over ." shouldn't we try to....you know,find out if other city has been controlled " Jennifer asked "the rain broke the network, it's no longer working" Alex replied"There is no way to communicate with other city" he added I raised my head from max chest and stood up "I hate to say this but we need to leave cross wood soon"             I said and everyone looks at me "what!why ?" Everyone asked "Guys,this place cannot Last us" I said as tears brimmed my eyes "we are just like two hours away from the city full of undead ,we are not safe" I was already on the verge of crying but I held it back as Max pulled me to his chest "it will be fine,we will figure something out" he muttered "where are we going to go" Elena asked resting on the kitchen cabinet, I already thought it through, I was lucky my parent are wealthy if not there won't be solutions to our problem "my family cabin in catlock " I replied "What!!" Elena gasp "guys catlock is like 36hours drive from here and who will travel in an Apocalypse" Elena ranted but others kept quiet "she's right" Alex said "The cabin is in the wood and has an underground living quarter, we will be safe there" Alex added ,Alex knew about the cabin because he was my best friend just like Clara,he is the most important to me out of all ,we have been friend since we were three and he has gone to the cabin with my family countless of time "seriously, you are supporting this, a 36hours drive in a FUCKING Apocalypse, we might even die on the road ,if we ran out of fuel or the car breaks down,what will happen then " Elena ranted which is now irritating me "Listen young lady ,if you have any other idea of keeping us safe ,let me know okay" I said in annoyance before walking out.
***********************************
I lay on my bed ,staring at my parent frame which they took on their last anniversary, they left me,now my main goal in this new world is to protect Elle ,which I will surely do with my life. Knock...knock..."come in " I said placing the photo frame on my dresser as Clara entered in her pyjamas "uhmm...I'm sorry to disturb you,you must be busy" Clara said "no I'm not" I replied sitting up "do you need something" I asked "yes...no...God..shit,I'm sorry ,I shouldn't even be here, I shouldn't put my burden on you... God I'm stupid" Clara ranted scratching her hair uncomfortably "Clara..Clara, is something wrong" I asked pulling her to sit on my bed "no,it's just...GOSH,I'm sorry" She said then broke into a sob "common Cee ,tell me ,what's wrong " I asked as worry ate me up "I'm... I am pregnant" Clara said dropping the bomb , I was shocked and speechless "see ,I'm sorry this wasn't suppose to happen, at least not now but I don't know how it happened" Clara weeped "how did you know" I asked unsure "I haven't seen my period twice and I have started getting morning sickness". Clara explained" WOW" I was beyond happy, Alex is going to become a father " this is an exciting news ,you should tell Alex, he will be on top of the world" I said jumping in excitement "that is the problem.... I don't know how Alex will react ,he might not want it and it shouldn't have happened now that nowhere is safe" Clara said in tears and I looked at her in pity "you are really stupid" I said and she looks up at me with questioning eyes "I want to throw you to those red eyes monster out there to feed on you.... How could you say that,I have know Alex more than you do,and I am sure his happiness would knew no bound" I said. Smiling, honestly, the good news lifted my spirit and I understand Clara's fear ,it would be difficult for a pregnant lady at this time "you know...I think I know a way of breaking this news to Alex" I said as Clara stare at me with a smile on her face "why don't you wake him up with the news tomorrow morning" I said "that a great idea" Clara replied giving me a high five.