Chapter eight

Jamaica POV

"No,I think Melin is better" I heard Elle voice as Max,Jeff and I entered the condo " No,seeker is better " Cain argued back "I don't think you know Melin" if there is a challenge between him and the seeker,Melin is sure to crush seeker with his little toe" Elle replied arrogantly "okay then,so much for him putting on a pant the entire movie" Elle scoff "it was the same seeker,he was putting on the same with seeker,he was putting on the same clothes the enter season" Elle replied annoyed, I felt on the Small couch tired from the day activity and lesson learnt, Michael and Jennifer took the fuel gallon which we left by the door and kept them in the store, "it's getting late now, we should all get  some sleep and get enough rest" Elena said emerging from the kitchen handing me a glass of water. I know its weird we are not on each other throat for sleeping with my boyfriend but  this fucking pandemic wouldn't allow that,we need everybody to stick together to survive and not fighting over a boy."you guys are leaving tomorrow you are using up save resources "Sarah said and I could see smoke coming out of her ear" Sarah" Jeff called "I don't want to hear it" Sarah replied walking to their bedroom "uhm uncle J" I called "yes" Jeff replied facing me "we were heading to Catlock and that is going to be our destination tomorrow" I said then pause as Jeff stare at me "I was wondering if you can come with us along with Sarah" I added while Jeff nod "your parent vault might be the safest place for us so,why not try it out " Jeff said and I signed in relief that he accepted. We could really use an adult to guide us on the trip."so it's a vault,why do you call it a cabin then" Michael asked bewildered "I didn't know what they call it" I replied truthfully,I had never registered it in my brain that it's not an underground cabin but a vault "I could really use seeing my brother at this time" Jeff said sipping his water "I miss your father" he added,my heart squeeze tight as my eyes sting "father" I muttered in sorrow and Jeff stare at me confused "they are missing" Max told Jeff who stared in utter shock "since when" Jeff asked holding a tight grip on his glass of water "from the beginning of the new world,I went home and met just Elle,I search everywhere but......" I couldn't hold the tears anymore "maybe they are in the vault" Jeff said ,he must be trying to convince himself that they are alive, he couldn't lose his brother yet,what no one know is - even  I was hoping to find them in Catlock. I stared at Elle who was playing ten questions with Cain then my eyes dart to Clara who lied on the makeshift bed.
***********************************
"Do you think Sarah would come" Jennifer asked as she put the hose inside the petrol tank of the school bus "she wouldn't be foolish to reject the offer" Michael replied "I wish she would be nice for once" Elena chirped in "she's trouble" Max added "and...we are done" Michael cheers and on the
Ignition "guys, we move tomorrow" Jeff said coming out of the Condo "I hope nothing go wrong" Jennifer prayed.
************************************
"Wait is the government gone, I mean end" Clara asked
"Before the power went out in crosswood, I heard the reporter talking about an evacuation centre in the South "Elena said "well our government is daft to make an evacuation centre 300miles from the city, I mean that a long way" Jennifer added "guys our main focus is on Catlock " I said irritated as I pack some water bottles into Elle's bag which make others focus on their packing since  we are leaving before sunrise and I have the feeling that something would go wrong .
Bang!Bang! a loud noise echoed making us all go silent , Cain and Elle grabbed their sword,everyone reach for their weapon, Jeff stepped out of the room checking out the noise which kept coming, we all packed our things not taking any chances, Jeff ran inside with panic drawn on his face "those fucking undead knock down the gate "their are many of them" Jeff shouted throwing his bag in his back "we need to leave" he added "No, they need to leave, they intrude our live" Sarah said pointing at us "Sarah there is no room for argument " Jeff said impatient as step of many walker echoed through the corridor, we walked out of the room to see death crawling to us ,hundreds of them were now trying to run faster than a snail " but how, it was just two crackers"Sarah stammer  , I didn't know what turned in me , everyone was staring at Sarah, we didn't need some explanation to know what happened, I could hear the stifle cry of Elle and Cain. The loud bang we heard earlier were the sound of two cracker set to attract mutilant to us,to chase us away by Sarah but she wasn't expecting this.  Slap!Slap! Jeff gave Sarah resounding Slap echoed even with the moans of undead who were closing in on us,we starts firing our shot while we search for an exit door but the one we found refused to open,  bullet was going in and out of our gun. Cain and Elle stayed behind while Michael tried to open the door we ran to the second passage still firing at the closing infected . We were running upstairs still firing "Haaaaa"we heard a scream,  Jennifer had tripped on the stairs with the closing undead and Sarah was the closest to her "JENNIFER!!!!"we started screaming "help her Sarah"i shouted, after Alex I wouldn't dare lose another friend, I quickly ran to Jennifer, pulled her up but her leg was stuck  "NO!!Leave me" Sarah cried as an undead held her leg, I was the closest, Jennifer on my left and Sarah on my right and the undead so near,I didn't know who to save first "help me pull your leg!"I shouted to Jennifer over the firing and she nod with her tears stained cheek. I held a tight grip just below her knee pulling hard which in the process might have sprained her ankle with a painful scream erupting from her throat, she quickly limped to the others, I face Sarah to help her but I was late ,an undead sink it teeth into her arm making her release a piercing scream, I managed to pull her but the undead took a chuck of flesh from her arm "SARAH!!!" Jeff scream in hurts and anger firing angrily at the undead, we ran to them as Sarah weeped,the exit door was opened with the undead 25feet away "Sarah" Jeff cried hugging her "I'm sorry,this is my fault "Sarah cried "No babe,it will be okay" Jeff said kissing Sarah "no Jeff,it will not, I love you Jeff" Sarah said "I will hold the undead back ,you guys should leave "Sarah added disengaged from Jeff "No....no...no..No!!!" Jeff protest as Max and Michael pulled him away through the exit door "I'm sorry Jamaica, I guess this is what I get from trying to celebrate two family " Sarah regret with tears "it's not your fault, you were trying to protect yourself "I said rubbing her cheek "now I can die peacefully "Sarah said pushing me out of the door then lock it from the inside, we heard her painful scream as we ran to the bus , Jeff has stop protesting from pain and heartbreak.

It's my sister birthday today
My beautiful sister Halimat
Help me wish her

She motivate me not to only read on wattpad but also put my own story since I'm a writer.
         Much love sister ❤️ 💗 💛 💕