chapter nine

Jamaica pov          

Clara was resting by bending a chair seat to a sleeping position ,I was worried she would get sick from all the stress . The sun is almost up and we are on our way to Catlock for hours.  Jeff sat by a window ,his eyes filled with emptiness while Max drive with Michael beside him. Elena and Jennifer are on the roof shooting any undead that block the road ."uncle J" I called out as I sat beside Jeff ,he stare at me then sigh "I'm sorry" I apologise, Jeff scratches his head with his left hand "it's not your fault" Jeff replied "she doesn't deserve to die, she was just trying to be safe" Jeff added "but she didn't die a coward, she risked her life for us all" Cain cuts in from the front seat "we need you uncle Jeff" Elle chirped in, Clara rise from her sleeping position "uncle Jeff, you are the only adult here and we need you to guide us unless you want to get rid of Alex junior" Clara added and Jeff turned to her "Alex....junior" Jeff gulped as he stare at Clara's belly , tears slipped down Jeff face and a smile find it way to his lips, Jeff stood up from his seat and put Clara in a bear hug,  Elena and Jennifer came down from the roof "listen to me everyone, since I am the oldest here,I am in charge" Jeff said"woohoo" we cheered "you will all listen to my order " Jeff said "yeeeah" we chorus "and this fucking mutant won't get us as meal anymore" Jeff said "that's right" we chorus and gave each other an high five "now who's hungry" Jeff asked and we all noticed our growling stomach.

"Mary had a little lamb
Little lamb, little lamb
Mary had a little lamb
And everywhere that Mary went
The lamb was sure to go " Elle and Cain sang ,we had parked the bus down a street that is free from undead while Michael, Max and Jeff had gone to get food from a store we passed.  We left the emergency door of the bus open while Clara,Elena and Jennifer sat on the end floor with their leg outside almost touching the ground except for Jennifer since she was the tallest, i was standing outside cleaning the guns for safety to prevent it from getting jammed, we all always have our backpack close to us in case of emergency , Jennifer and Clara her talking about clara's baby health and she mentioned that we have to find a hospital to get all the equipment needed for check up for a pregnant woman while Elena and I discuss on how to lure The Walking Dead away without shooting them, just like what Jeff did at the fuel station we not to put that into practice while on the road maybe doing that might save us ammunition " hola lady" Michael cheered as they approached us with bags of food with Michael and Max, a bag of bottled water with Jeff, Michael and Jennifer gave each other a long kiss." Ewww get a room" Elle said closing her eyes with our hands and we all laugh at her as Michael and Jennifer broke the kiss,the gore on Jeff clothes doesn't go unnoticed " you fight some of them" I asked as we piled into the bus closing all the doors and settled down to eat "just the cashier" Jeff replied "you only got snacks" Elena asked "the food are rotten so we go for junks" Michael replied "Clara will eat d can't banana pudding, no papaya drink for you but you can have the malt" Jennifer ordered "but why papaya is my favorites" Clara pout "papaya is not good for pregnancy" Jennifer replied as we munch down the junks.

The bus radio was on the eva channel the evacuation center are still channeling people but we are heading to catlock,its getting close to Sundown and Catlock is still 6 hour drive away and darkness would have clouded by then . Mark stopped the bus in front of a house as Jeff ordered ,Jeff, Michael and I went into the house to check if it is safe 4 the night, I open the door but it was Lock I pulled the handle several times but it didn't budge "go away you freak" a voice shouted from inside the house making us stop,ever since the start of the new world, this is the first time we met a living survivor, Jeff went to the window and try to peek in but the metal window wouldn't budge "hello we are not a threat please open the door" Jeff said knocking on the window "you might be bitten or infected" the voice replied "no we are not ,we only want to seek shelter for tonight" I say impatiently "I don't care find shelter elsewhere"the voice replied "we promise we wont to hurt you" I tried to convince the voice that sounded like a man well "my colleague try to how am I sure that strangers won't" the voice reply "those colleagues of yours infected but we are not so open the f****** door or I am breaking it down" Michael shouted and know it and I swear that I just heard a woman scared whimper along with a boy that called out to his dad. Yeah way to go Mikey they might not even open it anymore even if they had thought about it, the rest of our group came down from the boss to see what was happening and it was getting cloudy and dark "is it going to rain" I asked and the rain replied me by dropping on us "listen we have a kid and the pregnant lady with us thunder strike us down if we try to hurt you" Jeff swear and minutes later we heard the door and unlock and saw a man standing there along with a woman and a boy as they let us in, the woman and her son standing far away from all for safety I guess. "I'm Jeff and this is my niece Jamaica and Elle along with their friends we are a group heading to a safe zone" Jeff introduced to the man "I'm baller that my wife Zed and our son Gideon" the Man introduced "I can see a kid here but the pregnant lady" bollar as suspicious "I am" Clara replied and Bollar sign "my wife will check if you truly are she's a nurse" Bolla said loaded we were given two rooms to share while bollar and his family stays in the master's bedroom, Zed has done the check up on Clara and she assured us that the baby is fine, we all had a shower with cold or water since the heater has stopped working this morning, Elle and Cain slept earlier while the rest of us sat with Bollar and Zed in the living room to discuss with the help of candle light and thunder lightning "so why aren't you on your way to eva Centre "Jeff asked Bollar "I didn't think we could make it to the eva centre with my van" bollar replied "the old thing couldn't go on such a long journey" he added as he wrapped his arm around Zed "are you on your way there ,maybe we can join you" Zed said "No, we are going to catlock" I replied "Catlock is south down but the military base is South east" Bollar said with his Brow slightly raise "you can come with us, it is a vault and it's safe" Jennifer said "we would prefer the evacuation Centre" bollar replied "we could spare some fuel when we get to Catlock so that you can get South East" I said "but it will take this to get to the military base from Catlock" Clara said "how do you even know" Zed asked "she's right" Jeff replied "I work at the base" he added "maybe we can wait for help but instead or come with us to Catlock" Michael cuts in "I don't trust you" bollar said "you guys might hurt us" he added " why... you are allowed us in your home and Outnumbered even though we haven't hurt you" Max said "I'm not talking to you  but him" the last term referring to Michael "he threatened to break down our door" bollar said "only because you refuse to open" Michael replied annoyed "we are really sorry Bollar he's just being grumpy but you should consider coming with us for the safety of your wife and kid" Jennifer said slapping Michael lightly making him pout.   

Hi my lovely readers, how are you? I hope you are enjoying the story? Please vote and comment