chapter sixteen

Jamaica POV

I can see fear evident in her eyes as she glanced down at me, I followed her gaze to my right leg revealing a black cloth soaked in red...my blood "is that a bite?" She asked staring " no I was wounded " I replied but she doesn't believe me "you are lying" she accused and I sighed then untied the clothes to reveal my wound "OH MY GOD" she gasp dropping the stick and rushed to my side "you need stitched" she said grabbing my hand and pulled me up, we came out of the toilet into a dark passage which leads to a well furnished living room with three closed door, the first door must lead outside"), on the center table is a baby feeder, the opened door is the kitchen while the other two closed door must be rooms. I sat on a red cushion while the girl ran to the kitchen. I kept glancing around, I could hear her rummaging through the cabinets before she came out with a first aid kit "you need to clean up" she said pointing to one of the rooms, I gave her a questioning look "the water is still running" she replied understanding the look, I took my bag and leaped to the room leaving my sword behind. The room was neat with a king size bed, a married couple portrait stood on the wall, the man embracing the woman from behind, that must be her parent but where are they ? I entered the bathroom and got in the shower, I took off my dirtied cloths throwing them in the laundry basket, I picked a blue towel from the hanger putting it on the shower door then bent down to untied the bloodied clothes, I turned on the shower..... hiss... What was I expecting, a warm water? The water was damn cold, giving me goosebump. I wash my body with soap, thick dirt washed off me, I love the soap scent....like strawberry... I miss my body cream. I washed the wound with water , peeling off dried blood from my skin along with fresh blood, after my bath the wound looked clean , I dried my body with the towel, I took out the rest of my clothes, put on my black  jeans pant and rolled up the right leg to reveal my wound and a green round neck, I left the bathroom with chills attacking my body, there has to be a sweater somewhere... I walked to the wardrobe, opening it, men's clothes stood to the right and Female clothes to the left, I rummage through it then took a green timberland pullover , though a big size but I felt so warm.
Entering the living room, the baby feeder was gone but the first aid kit is still on the table along with a bowl of hot water "I boiled it for your wound" the girl said appearing from the kitchen with a baby in her arm, rocking it while the feeder was in it mouth almost empty "she's my sister" the girl said noticing my attention on the baby "what's her name" I asked leaping closer to them "what's her name?" I asked leaping closer to them "Cloe" the girl replied "and yours" I asked "I'm Carl, what's your name?" Carl asked as I leaped back to the chair "Jamaica" I replied, Carl put Close on a chair, she pushed the hot water to me "how did you get gas to boil" I asked, soaking a napkin in the water before using it to clean my wound "I use wood in the fireplace" Carl replied as she attached thread to a small needle, hiss...the wound sting when it came in contact with the hot water "your parent ?" I asked and she tensed then shrugged it off " Dad died when Close was born, mom went to get resources two days ago but she isn't back" Carl replied with clouded eyes, at least she knew what happened to her parent, I don't even know if mine are alive or dead or undead , the only place we could have met was the vault in Catlock but now it was gone. I collected the thread from Carl and was about to start stitching when she stopped me, she handed me a food d clothes "you've never got stitched before" Carl said confidently and I was surprise to how she knew "put the cloth in your mouth to muffle your scream" Carl said before going to the kitchen and came out with a rope "put your hands behind you" Carl said, I was confused but complied, she tied my hands behind my back and legs to the chair, she nodded to me not to worry before stuffing the clothes in my mouth.....mfmffmf......I screamed but not heard....now I know why she tied me up.....the stitches hurt badly that I passed out.

                   Third person POV
"I'm gonna take my hose;
To the old town road;
I'm gonna ;
Riiide till I can no more;......."
The group sang the old town road song with Jeff giving a sound beat by clapping while max drive the bus, they had been passing by undead but not hordes, they were also singing to kill boredom, they have been on the road for hours heading to the evac center, they passed by a sign board that says EVAC CENTER 40km , they were all at ease knowing they are heading the right way . They hadn't got over the lose of Jamaica and Alex but they kept that emotions for later for sanity sake. Max took over driving when Jeff almost ran into ditch twice so they all chose to live instead of dying for nothing "almost there!!" Max shouted excited as he sight the military base with 'welcome to NEW YORK FORT' placed on a large gate, the building has a high fence, the bus roared to a stop when they reached the gate , a tall building was behind the fence where the guard was, Jeff came out of the bus and wave to the guard even though there were few undead lingering around, two minutes later , four guards came out of a small gate to check the visitors