Chapter 21

Third person POV

Just as they stepped into Clara's room, she broke down crying while Elena put Cloe and Cain to sleep on Elle's bunk. The three women emotions was in turmoil and Clara couldn't held hers in due to her pregnancy sensitivity. She couldn't believe megan, the woman she took as her second mom could be ruthless. Max entered the room and walked to  Clara's side "hey, what's up?" He asked worriedly while rubbing her back to comfort her. Elena told Max everything that happened, he was already gritting his teeth in anger. Jeff also entered "hey guys" he greeted "hi" they replied "Michael won't be back today, his group are going North to see if there's any forth to trade with" he added then sat on the single chair in the room . After , he noticed the sour atmosphere "Megan's alive and in the fort" Clara broke the news, Jeff was surprised "you guys know already ?" He asked "yeah, we met her earlier" Jennifer replied "wait, what do you mean by 'you guys knowledge already" max asked, Jeff lowered his head , his eyes devoid of any light " I met Vittore at the training " Jeff said staring at the sleeping Elle on the bed bunk, then he sighed "we are not giving her to them" he added then stood up and left.

           Jamaica POV
After the unfortunate incidents "ah" I groaned in pain as Carl empty the vodka bottle on my broken skin, we had found a house to treat my wound and I had an helmet on in case I turned. I felt like the world has deserted me, cold adrenaline washed through my body making me shiver and at the same time sweating. Carl has tears running down her face, she suggested cutting my leg to stop the infection but it's of no use, I would either bled to death or attract predators with the smell of blood. I took some advil which Carl found, my  body ache really bad, the pain is undescribable "we need to leave" I said trying to get up "no! You have to rest" Carl protested " Carl, my time is limited, I have to get you both to a safe place" I explained but she disagreed.

'Vrroooom' I heave a sigh of relief. The Honda  car at the neighbors garage is still working we could hit the road it. The snow wasn't stormy today but the road was still filled with snow, I had Carl and Cloe stay at the passenger seat while I drive with the helmet and seatbelt on, I can feel the deadly pain in body, inside I'm cold but outside I'm the girl on fire, my head feels like it's carrying a skyscraper. We have been driving for five hours, thanks to the car working time I knew what the time was and evening was knocking in, I had to stick my head out of window to see the upfront "how are you feeling?" Carl asked with a yawn, she had just woken up from a nap but Cloe was still snoring peaceful in box "good" I replied, it was a lie, I feel like hell, if I should cry, I'm sure to cry blood. My war and I felt like I would soon slip into a coma but no, the darkness won't come since my pain is like friction and my breathing was heavy. This wasn't a normal change, the scientists didn't mentioned this kind of pain and reaction when we were in catlock . in fact, none of my reaction is similar to the one they mentioned. 'Grrowl' I stared in shock at the horde in front of me, thousands of the undead were up ahead, thirty feet away "Jammie!" Carl called in fear "get down" I said quietly, Carl get down from the car so do I, I carried Cloe's box in my back while we retreat slowly as some of the undead make there way to us, I checked the surrounding but there was no escape route except for the snowy hill twelve feet away. The infected were making it faster and I had no idea what to do. I pulled Carl then took off to the hill. I took off my pullover and wrapped it around a plank "sit" I said to Carl as she sat on it then I used my little strength push it down the snowy hill, when it became sloppily fast, I told Carl to quickly remove my helmet and put it on, she did when I gave her the 'no argument' look. I held on to the plank while it dragged me down the hill in a battle, the snow hit my skin with no warmer on, it felt like my skin was peeling, I bump into some branches and stone, scratching and cutting me. I felt like releasing my grip but I couldn't even though the pain was unbearable, I have to keep Carl and Cloe safe. The next second we went flying on air then landed hard on a snowy deserted narrow road, Carl landed softly next to my pullover. The plank broke into debris, the weight on my head felt like death. Carl rushed to me taking off the helmet, I could taste blood in my mouth and the next second I threw up blood "Jamaica!" Carl sobbed, Cloe was crying a few feet away in the box . I managed to stand up while my inner and external fought world war, I opened Cloe's box, she was not hurt, she must have woken up from the multiple bumps earlier, I sigh in relief.

"You need to rest" Carl said as we walked down the narrow road, truth be told, I feel like hell was inside me, I have a pullover on even though it was wet from snow. My pant was shredded and cut were on my skin. Carl has been bugging me to take a rest but I protested, the day was still young and who knows the kind of predators lurking around here. Cloe was still sobbing, she must have filled her diapers but there's no place to clean her up so we didn't stop.
I slowed down at the sight before me. A wooden farm house was down the road on our right, a shelter is really what we need now and Carl has stopped talking, she saw it too. We walked to it and thank God it has a door "we could spend the night here" Carl voice out her thought as we opened it. It was dark, I held out my sword which I almost forgot I had while Carl brought out the torchlight I looted from the store back in town. The shelter was empty, no human, no undead except for farm tools like shovel, watering cans,wheel barrows, a mat sat at a corner, danger×××. Carl spread the mat and use our warm clothes as comfy, I brought Cloe out of the box only to be greeted by the smell of poo. "There's some clean water" Carl said standing beside a medium size drum which I didn't noticed before. The water was cleaned though it felt like its been here for days, I cleaned Cloe up and she started smiling again. Carl mixed her solution then feed her before she finished she fell asleep. Carl chose to eat a bag of doritos . I felt some itchy sensation on my wound but I have to keep myself from screaming in pain "don't come out, no matter what" I said to Carl before I left the shelter. I don't understand what was happening to me. I should have either die from the snake bit hours ago or turned because of the infected bite but no, my inner is freezing while my external is heating. I felt goosebumps rise in my body, the pain intensify which means I might turn any moment. I took off jogging into the farm, all the plant had withered and there's nothing left i brought out my hammock and put it up on a withered mango tree. I lied my aching body on it, I don't care about the storm. If my human side is about to die, staring at the beautiful sky which was littered with playful stars and snowfall. I wonder what everyone might be doing. If uncle Jeff managed to get them to somewhere safe or if they are dead. Elle, my poor little sister, I missed her so much, normally, we would sneak out of our house in cross wood  to play snow fight at this time but everything has change, I wonder how Clara and her baby are doing. This thought brought tears to my eyes and for the whole night. I couldn't sleep nor did I die or turn, my eyes were painfully open and hurting so I decided to take off the helmet,  my skin has turned pale and white