chapter fifteen

Jamaica POV

I should be given an award , really, no cripple has ever achieved this, I had managed to leap for hours, in a cold snowy weather. I haven't seen any living or undead for hours. I stopped by a tree, I checked my bag in case the hammock which Alex packed was still there and Bingo!! it is. I climbed on a tree with good branch to hold my weight, not putting too much pressure on my right leg, I fixed the hammock on the tree and made sure the rope was well tied. I raised my head to see what was down the road , I couldn't believe my eyes, I was close to town but it will be best to stay in this hammock for tonight, I sat on the hammock, freezing, I ate the remaining berries fruit and used my clothes as cover to keep me warm, I stared at the moon in between the falling snow but I couldn't sleep because my wound hurts and I miss my friends, what they might be doing, where they are and if they are safe.

The singing of birds woke me up , It was morning, well, how was my night ? It was freaking cold, my clothes produce 2% warmth and now they are wet from snow melt, I'm sure my temperature is high right now. I felt stung in my right leg as I try to climbed down accidentally putting pressure on it, I gulped down my third water with only two bottles left now, I rinsed my mouth and wash my face, I packed up , grabbed my walking stick , my sword is still in place, I might need a makeover though, my black pant is tattered and bloodied, my blue shirt stunk and my shoe is wet and uncomfortable, my hair, let's not even get to that, I started making my way to the town .

This isn't just a town, it's a ghost town , there was no sign of life , all shops are closed and houses locked, I'm freezing like hell, I just walked in front of a shop with glass door, my own image scare the shit out of me , there's bruises on my face and cuts on my lips ,I wonder how I didn't feel that , it must have been because of the freezing weather , I have to find a means of transport, I cannot keep going on foot, my leg is about to give up, I hope I don't get an infection "grrrr" what was that sound ,I looked around but didn't see anything, the sound came again and I glanced down at my belle, oh that was me, my baby is hungry, maybe I could check some of the store for food or anything eatable but again I think I wouldn't want to enter the store, they had no light and who knows what was waiting in ambush so I started walking downtown, prevention is better, I wonder why I haven't seen any infected. Away my thought!! I can't believe this, my mouth is salivating badly, ten feet away stands Royally and superior tree with many delicious looking ripe mangoes calling me to hurry, I quickened my pace , leaping faster until I stood in front of it, I climbed on the tree ,putting pressure on my wound , I will surely regret this later.

             Third person POV

Michael stirred in his sleep, he rolled comfortably on the soft mattress with a smile on his face , suddenly he jumped up out of fear , he checked his environment in fear, noise was coming from outside, he tiptoed to the door and gently opened it.
Elena and Jennifer are in the kitchen while Max and Jeff cleaned the weapons with the living room door opened, Cain, Elle and Clara are outside putting on warm sweater and playing with snowball "snow!" Michael exclaimed "am I in heaven? am I dead ? am I seeing the future?" Michael said in thought "welcome to hell bud" Max said throwing an apple at him "welcome back, sleeping beauty" Jennifer shouted "where are we and is it really snowing" Michael asked sitting on a armchair beside Jeff  "we found this place last night, it's in the woods and yes, it started snowing after you passed out" Jeff said "drink this" Elena said giving Michael a ginger tea and he collected it "Mike's awake" Clara said entering with Elle and Cain with some snows still on their clothes. Elle ran to hug Mike while Cain did a fist bump with him "so what's the plan now, are we staying here" Michael asked "no, we have to get to the evacuation center " Jeff replied "I contacted them with the satellite phone , they said there's room for more as long as we are not infected" Jeff explained "I need to rest some most re" Michael said standing up and heading to the room "why was I asleep earlier" he asked and they all grunts

                     Jamaica POV

I sat on a branch chewing on mangoes ,glancing around for anything creepy but everywhere was deserted until..."is that.." behind a shop on a pathway ,undead were moaning and trying to get to something or rather someone... I move to another branch to get a good view...a girl in between 10-12 years stood on a truck with an hockey stick trying to fight off the undead, Looking at reminded me of Elle , what was she doing out there alone ? In this freezing weather she definitely was crying from how wet her face looked, I jumped down from the tree "ow!!ow!!ow!!" I cursed , bad move , I landed on my hurt leg, I quickly put on my bag , holding my sword , "dear walking stick,  it's time we part ways" I started making my way to the girl, look out for danger then sneaked behind the undead and put an end to them. The girl stared at me in surprise, I brought her down from the truck....big mistake, she just ran, dashing into a house and locked the door well, she should at least respect a cripple, I tried finding my way in , going around the house, no sound came from inside "come on , open the door" I banged the door, cry...cry..cry..is that a baby crying, I hit the door again but no reply so I went around the house again , I found a window opened high up on the walk, can a cripple climb wall...well I'm already climbing up, holding the window railing, making sure to hold a tight grip with my foot glued to the wall, I put pressure on my hand pulling my body up, I could see the inside, it was a bathroom so I jumped inside, missing my step, I fell with a thud, uh oh....my right leg, "ow!!!" I cried out, clutching the bleeding leg, the door opened revealing the girl from earlier with a baseball stick pointed at me threateningly.