Chapter seven

Jamaica POV
Everyone was tired and trying to catch some sleep, since fate took a drastic turn on us we are making our way out of city L (a non existing city in New York,writer's idea) and our journey to Catlock started. The grief of Alex death has pick a toll on us,I was sad to death that I couldn't feel any more tears in my eyes except for the hot sting . Max and Michael have switched driving, Max was now driving the bus,we were taking the road that links the bridge to the highway  instead of the highway we are taking another route under the bridge that lead to a town.
I didn't really pay attention to the undead since there were not too many on the road to attack the bus plus we avoided road that leads to the city a and highway. I pulled a bottle of water from my bag and drank it,even drinking hurts a lot because it reminds me that the water was packed by Alex. "There's a horde heading our way" Michael announced and we all sat up , Jennifer and I took the rifles in the gun bag and climbed on a seat each while opening the emergency cover at the roof ,we placed our gun in position and starts shooting some undead,I saw Jennifer changed her gun to Ak47 clearly not comfortable with the rifle, I was shaking inwardly as I shoot the red eyes monster who were once human and I knew it wasn't going well with Jennifer too. At the moment I wonder if my parents are part of the horde ,I didn't know when I stopped shooting until the bus halt in front of a condominium which was fenced and gates "we are out of gas" Max shouted ,The hordes were closer ,we packed our bags as Max tried to open the gate when we got down from the bus. We continue shooting the hordes along with Clara and Michael while Max had to climb on top of the bus and jumped over the fence ,the hordes were closing in and I can see Cain and Elle panicking as they held each other. Max open the gate at the last minutes and we rushed in locking it on the army of undead who disagreed with groans . we started checking the condo in alertness ,we walk through corridors and stairs "uhhm Jammie" Elle pulled my shirt "yes" I replied as I turned checking my back for danger but surprisingly this place was safe "this place looks familiar, isn't this uncle Jeff's place" Elle said as it struck me,she was right, Uncle Jeff was my father's younger brother. He is a military and I wouldn't be surprise if he was alive Clong! Clong! A steel fell down driving our attention to it,even with fear I still matched towards the noise with Elle behind me.Now I just realise my goal is two ,to protect Elle  and Clara. And.... the noise led us to uncle Jeff door....people voice was coming from his room more like two people. Knock... knock.."uncle J"Elle called we could hear the silent that follows in the other side then whispers "can those red eyes monster talk" Uncle J whispers to whoever was with him..."common Jeff open up"I called out "J.jr" uncle Jeff said before unlocking the door...right...that is what my uncle call me ,I hiss hearing the name.
************************************
"You seriously can't let them stay,what if one of them is infected" Sarah argued with Jeff. Sarah is uncle Jeff girlfriend which I only met today "but she's my niece"Jeff said" I don't care J,I want them out"Sarah argued "they are staying and that's final" Jeff said walking to the living room "I'm leaving if they are staying Sarah threatened" I'm not stopping you "Jeff replied while Sarah stood in surprise" I don't want you to think we are going to be fending off you, we only need somewhere to stay for a day or two to get our vehicle running "I said annoyed while Sarah and Jeff went silent" J.Jr ,Alex...."Jeff asked "he's gone" Clara replied, my heart turn in pain at the reminder of Alex.Jeff sighed, I knew he was hurt too but he didn't show it, Jeff was fond of Alex when we were young and he would sometimes take Alex on military stats "you guys are staying, no argument" Jeff said walking to his room
**********************************
"There is no fuel here " Max said coming out of the land hole " we are only wasting our time" he added " hey kids" Jeff called from beside a car and we jogged to him " we can get fuel from this car" Jeff said and i checked the motor to see a full tank fuel " we should check around if we find a hose" Max said walking into the station store while I followed. The store has been looted clean,good luck with us finding a hose, I checked in the carton standing on the cashier table but all was empty,big time Max has been checking on every cup board but nothing was found "Any luck " Jeff said entering the store "nope" Max replied kicking the carton "I knew it,since you kids are the dumbest I ever met"Jeff replied and I furrowed my brow offended" you should probably check the garage "Jeff said walking out, I pushed my hand to my back pocket feeling the short gun,I sighn in relief.
***********************************

Max raised the garage door up and was greeted by an undead who lurged at him,scaring Max who stumbled backward, I would have laugh at the scene but this Apocalypse isn't something to laugh at,I quickly pull my gun shooting the red eye monster twice in the head before it fell down as a dead undead. Can the dead hear noise because just after the shot two undead were tumbling from behind the garage" you shouldn't have shot it" Jeff said running to us,probably heard the shot too "and let it kill us" I argued "let lure them away" Jeff said walking to the undead "how ?by holding their hands or asked if the want candy" I said in a sarcastic tone irritated but Jeff ignored me and Jog undead ,he was jogging slowly around them but to the undead he probably was fast. Jeff stopped jogging and start walking to a tree down the road with the undead trailing behind, he round the tree many times before coming back to us while the undead attacked the poor tree "you just have to do that, some of the undead that are newly turned can still hear sound but they a all depends on their sense of smell" Jeff said giving me a comeback, he walked into the garage which was filled with mechanical equipment, a hose was hanging down a nail on the wooden wall, Max took the hose along with a 20L keg and went to the car with a full tank fuel while Jeff and I pack some useful mechanical equipment into a box.

Love from me .
Thank you so much for reading and for your patience,wait for  the next chapter. And guys in chapter six ,can you please leave your review in the comment box on the unfortunate incident . Thanks once again