chapter nineteen

Jamaica POV

Let just say the make over wasn't bad, a large grin spread on my face as I stared at the mirror, my hair was now short to my chin and dyed red, I tried to form an evil  smile but failed "urgurgrg" a moan came from behind me and I froze, I came again and goosebumps appeared on my body, I slowly turned around, to see an undead woman growling, her skin was rotten but she looked neat , no blood stain which means she turned recently and haven't tasted blood. She dashed toward me , I jumped grabbing my sword only to miss by an inch as she tackled me down, bringing her mouth to my face , I quickly held her back with my elbow on her neck using my left hand to reach for my sword but failed , I kicked her off me scrabbling up, she crawled to me in a fast movement,desperate to have my brain, I can feel sweat tickling off me, the closest distance I have ever been to an undead, I couldn't think straight, I might have a panicked attack, I picked up a wooden chair and slammed it on her head making it snapped, picking up my sword I stabbed her accidentally in the eye and that did it since she stopped moving. I pulled out my sword with gore on it, I turned to pack my things but something attracted me, the undead has a locket around it neck, I pulled it off  and opened it, the smiling picture of Elle and Cain with a man and a woman, I felt my stomach turned at the guilt feeling. This was their mother but she had turned and I felt guilty for ending her, I put the locket in my pullover, shoving my sword in a sheath I found , I took the basket and head back to Carl house, the dead woman house. I don't know how to break the news to Carl as the thought became heavy in my heart. The lord help me out !

Soaked in snow melt, I entered the kitchen first to drop the foods before pulling off my pull over, I threw it in the laundry by the passage. Carl entered the kitchen with a worried face "where were you" she asked coldly " I thought you left" she muttered , sighting the basket, Carl rushed to it "Doritos!" She said excited "did you go scavenging?" She asked and I nodded "Cloe?" I asked tilting my head a little to the left "sleeping, did you dyed your hair ?" Carl questioned "some makeover won't hurt" I replied "it feels like you were trying to copy a character but failed miserably" Carl commented with a scrowl "do you have a death wish" I asked trying to sound evil "why do you sound so cute" Carl teased before running out of the kitchen and I dashed after, she went around the cushion dodging but I lept over it and caught her by the waist and start tickling her making her laugh , I scrowl, Carl pointed at my face in between her laughing battle "why are you pointing" I asked with a grin "fool, I'm laughing because I don't have a tickle side" Carl said and I released her surprised, she sprawl out of the cushion clutching her stomach while laughing "what kind of kid doesn't have a tickle side?" I asked surprise but was answered by Cloe's cry from the bedroom.

I explained to Carl that we have to find my friend and probably find a settlement for her and close to stay which she agreed to, I took the box I brought from the stall and make a light backpack out of it, I drill some holes in it. We wouldn't be able to hold cloe on the journey so the box will be her shelter, I spread a baby blanket in the box to cover the hard surface and make it comfortable for cloe . I packed a small backpack for Carl which held some food,five clothing,five table water and a small medkit and same for my camping bag . I have my sword in the sheath strap to my waist, I held two kitchen knife, one goes in my ankle boot while the other just behind me at arm reach , "what" I asked Carl noticing how she stares at me creeping "won't I get any weapon" Carl asked, I was afraid she might hurt herself which is why I won't be giving her any sharp object, I handed her the baseball bat "seriously!" She said annoyed "it will do,just hold it tight" I said putting Cloe in the box then put it behind me "are you set ?" I asked but she only stared at me "what?" I hissed "where is our transport" Carl asked "our leg... Do you have your hammock with you" I asked and she nodded.

"He said ; one day this war is gonna end ; and all the lives will be remembered; all the soldiers risking everything; the sleepless night and battle cries; my father told me;" Carl sang as we walk down the road, I can sense she held something tight in her mind , I haven't told her anything about her mom , she asked me earlier if she would ever see her again but I ignored the question. There were not many undead on the street but they were scattered and slow and we were able to walk past them. The snow fell softly like a normal rain but we have enough clothes on to keep us warm, I had cut down a stick for Carl to practice defence, swing it here and there with while we move. We have been walking for hours and the sky was getting dark, I use my sword sometimes when the undead get uncomfortably close, Carl was still jumpy at there sight but tried to hide her fear, we hadn't make any stop for lunch and surprisingly Cloe didn't throw tantrums, Carl stopped swinging when she was tired out "Tipper garage!" Carl exclaimed "wow! We must have been on the road for long, this place is really far from my home" she added reading the land mark on the road. Tipper garage was packed with Tippers , no living or undead was in sight, maybe we could spend the night here. I pulled Carl behind me, sneaking around the big vehicle for any danger, there were like fifteen of the Tipper. I stopped in front of a blue one, took my sword out while opening the driver side door ready to eliminate any threat but none came, the Tipper was suppose to deliver nothing, its carrier was empty. I put Carl on the other seat before closing the door. I dropped Cloe's box pack then opened it, the little yellow head was staring back at me with beautiful green eyes, Carl freed herself from her backpack and pullover though the Tipper wasn't really warm and I got rid of mine too, The pullovers were wet from snow except for our shirt and pant even our boots are wet so I took them and spread them to dry inside the Tipper opposite us. I took out the canned beans and bread in my pack and gave one each to Carl, I mixed Cloe's solution in the feeder before feeding her,she ate all and fell asleep almost immediately, Carl has finished her dinner at the time, she lay in a sleeping position while staring out of the wound up window as the snow fall beautifully in the bright moon. I picked my dinner and start chewing on it I wish the sight outside never end.
The night was beautifully freezing when I quietly jumped out of the Tipper, my sword in the sheath strap to my left side, I closed the door quietly not to wake up the two kid that are snoring softly. I walked around the garage , looking out for danger and  also finding something useful. There are fuel in the Tipper but what's the use when I can't even drive them, they are big cars different from my Ferrari at home, I wonder why this place is so deserted "groowl..." Uh oh , spoke too soon, I turned around, an undead was ....well snailing to me..... Maybe not snailing , I pulled out my sword, swinging it and aim it for the head but unfortunately the undead tripped on the tin pack on the ground , my sword missed it and it crawled faster , I swung my sword horizontally cutting off it head and  ewww...disgusting infected blood splashed on my clothes, I look around, no sight of danger, I rubbed my sword on the snow getting rid of the gores on it, the chill weather getting to me, I stared at the headless body with tattered clothes, I wonder how they don't freeze in the cold. I stared at the moon, I miss my family, I miss Alex

Hello Mon cheri ,  my good readers, how are you doing , I'm back now and I hope to make you all happy and eager for my next chapter , please vote and comment