Chapter 80: Taking The Dark Path

Start from the beginning

"Be well-behaved!" Gao Gonggong kicked that young eunuch's bent knee and the latter groaned and suddenly knelt down. Gao Gonggong snorted and said, "This thing does not know the immensity of heaven and earth and almost knocked into noble ones."

Luo Xue Yan frowned. She did not really like the inhumanly punishments of the palace so she would feel uncomfortable in her heart when she came upon such scenes, thus she said to Gao Gonggong, "That being the case, one will not disturb Gao Gonggong's work."

Gao Gonggong quickly agreed with a smile.

But it was Shen Miao who suddenly opened her mouth to speak softly, "Since a wrong is committed, naturally punishment needs to be borne."

Everyone looked at her surprised. The young eunuch trembled and the eyes that were looking at Shen Miao had an additional trace of resentment. Shen Miao ignored it and held onto Luo Xue Yan to leave but before she left she dropped a sentence, "Lessons are needed if one does not know the rules and regulation. The palace cannot be compared to outside the palace and the present is also different from the past."

Shen Miao and entourage walked further gradually and Gao Gonggong said to the two guards, "Waiting for what? Go."

Xiao Li-zi's heart was filled with unwillingness and his face was filled with fear. He did not know what he had done wrong. In the little garden at the returning banquet, Shen Miao's personal maid, Jing Zhe, gave him a tael and told him that the Eldest Shen Young Lady's health was not good, thus was unable to drink the wine prepared in the palace banquet and only required a cup of lotus tea, and would request to be accommodated on that during the banquet. He felt happy that such a simple task like that would get a tael and if this Shen Young Lady was pleased, in the future he would have the fortune of a noble person's help.

But Xiao Li-zi could never calculate that Shen Qing was pregnant and that the lotus tea was the culprit that lead to everything that happened. As such, it could be said that this cup of lotus tea had stirred up a whole lot of events, and the origin of this cup of tea landed on his head after much investigation.

Xiao Li-zi had explained countless of time but no one believed his words. Moreover the money that he received was the most common type of silver and not even the official silver. How would anyone believe that a noble young lady would bestow such a common silver, so he was the evildoer. What would then be waiting for him?

Outside, Shen Miao quietly walked. She knew it better than anyone what was waiting for Xiao Li-zi. The Palace was a place that could easily reverse black and white and if one stand high above, then one's ability to turn white to black would be higher. So no matter what the situation it was, no matter how sorry it was, one's words can be turned from white to black. At that time when Fu Xiu Yi just ascended to the throne, Xiao Li-zi was just a dog beside Gao Gonggong that he used to do errands. It was her that found Xiao Li-zi pitiful and was willing to give him face in the Palace. Afterwards, Xiao Li-zi became Li Gonggong and she became a deposed Empress. It was this eunuch that she herself promoted who personally sent her off and gave her an advice of 'the present is also different from the past'.

Now it could be considered that she had returned that phrase back. The present is also different from the past. Now she was the high above Di daughter of an official and the other party was a lowly dust on a grass. She did not even bother to use too much energy for the action. It was good that it was done cleanly and neatly.

She and Luo Xue Yan walked in front but they did not know that behind the twists and turns of the corridors, there was someone who sighed behind her back, "Does this Shen Young Lady have a grudge with that young eunuch? Just destroy a life without any rhyme or reason."

At his side, Xie Jing Xing sneered at him, "Since when had you become compassionate?"

"Being a doctor is like having the heart of parents." Gao Yang waved his fan and suddenly thought about something before his expression became dignified and said, "That Shen Young Lady is not simple. Just now in the hall she looked at me for a long time. Could it be... She has found out about my identity?"