❀40❀

Some days pass. They were boring days. Viney was hanging out with Skara some leaving you a bit alone. You didn't have much to do.

However, it was around that time Hunter said he would be free to test the flower so you decided to call him.

You dial in his number and call him.

He picks up right away.

"Oh you actually answered." You say.

"Yeah." He says on the other line.

"You said you were free today? To check if the flower we got works?" You ask.

"Um.. yeah, we can. When would you wanna go?" He asks.

"We were thinking this afternoon." You say.

"Yeah I can do that." He says.

"Awesome! I'll see you then?" You smile.

"...yeah... um... by the way..." He says gently.

"What?" You ask.

"...I dont... um... look exactly the same... so... um..." He says nervously.

"What do you mean?" You furrow your eyebrows.

"I just don't look that great is all... um-! Nothing to worry about though, it's all perfect, everything's fine." Hunter laughs nervously.

"...what do you mean..?" You say.

"Just don't freak out. It's really nothing to worry over. It'll be fine." Hunter laughs.

"...should I be worried?" You say.

"No, please don't be. It's really not that bad." Hunter says.

"...okay... I'll see you then...?" You say sort of nervously.

"Yeah! I'll see you soon... um bye." He says softly and hangs up.

You put the crow down and ponder for a moment. What is he talking about? He said not to be worried but now you're extremely worried.

...Guess all you can do is wait.

That afternoon, you, Viney, and Steve make it back to the shed where the machine is.

"So what we did is replace the wires connected to the glove. We tested it on other sigils to see if it works better and I feel like it gives it a more softer calmer look rather than it looking like it's burnt to your wrist." Steve explains.

"They also don't look crusty." Viney holds up her finger.

"You brought the flower right?" Viney asks.

"I did." You say and pull it out of your bag.

"Let's see how it reacts to being connected." Viney says hooking the flower up to the machine.

A yellow wave goes through the wires and into the glove. There's no symbol for the cknecfuon it's just a white square symbol appearing in the glove screen. You glance at it.

You hear a sudden woosh noise outside and you look out the window of the shed. Hunters arrived, he seems nervous, and he has his head down.

"I'll be right back." You say and stand up.

You go out the door and turn the corner to see Hunter from afar. He has his head down, and he's not looking up, he gently looks up and notices you and puts his head back down.

You run over to him anxious to see him, you haven't seen his face in a while and you're worried about what he meant when he said he doesn't look the same.